Reel Advice

wrasseman

Hi all,

I have recently bought a shimano reel with the external oil port. What's the go, how often should I put oil in this? what oil? and how full? can anyone help me out? I've never had one of these ports on my reel before and all the papers with my reel are in Japanese and my japanese isn't real good (read nonexistent).

Cheers

Col.

It probably translates as something like this : This hole the spool is filled up with oil for the sake of, to become extraordinary it came without, because perhaps, it brings the failure of the spool, it is this hole which is not inserted too much. Oil for that bearing lubrication which moves smoothly, is in order to verify.

or , for our Japanese friends : この穴はオイルで巻き枠を満たすのため非常にきたなくなり、巻き枠の失敗をもたらすかもしれないので、入れ過ぎないこの穴をである。オイルは滑らかに動くそれの軸受け潤滑のため、確かめるためにである。

Ross :1prop:

ロス

It probably translates as something like this : This hole the spool is filled up with oil for the sake of, to become extraordinary it came without, because perhaps, it brings the failure of the spool, it is this hole which is not inserted too much. Oil for that bearing lubrication which moves smoothly, is in order to verify.

or , for our Japanese friends : この穴はオイルで巻き枠を満たすのため非常にきたなくなり、巻き枠の失敗をもたらすかもしれないので、入れ過ぎないこの穴をである。オイルは滑らかに動くそれの軸受け潤滑のため、確かめるためにである。

ロス

Ah thanks... I think???

Edited by wrasseman

Sorry about that wrasseman , I couldnt resist translating into Japlish !! I did however do a little research into lubricating reels , and the general concensus was "dont put too much oil in !" . Apparently it can do as much damage as too little oil . Perhaps a couple of drops would be sufficient ?

Ross

ロス

www.engrish.com

Guest Jewel

Inox is not really a lubricant, its a penetrating spray that has SOME lubricating qualities.

It will not replace oil and as wettingaline has said it will actually remove what is there if not just thinning it out.

I was warned off Inox, or WD40 and the like. I now use Lanotec Lanolin Lubricant. It seems to work reelly well. Inox, also does a lanolin based spray.

I actually use Lanotec on the outboard, bearings, reels, rods..

Luffy....