Bream'n In The Rain... Just Bream'n In The Rain!

Hi Guys and Girls,

I left the ramp at Silverwater this morning a bit before six with high hopes of find some bream.

5 minutes after I started fishing the rain started and was pretty consistent for the next hour or so. :thumbdown:

First stop was the mangroves around Concord hosptial. I fished the shorelines and the big barges that are moored there for a grand total of 3 bream. I also scored a nice big fat whiting which made a good account of himself which was fun.

The rain cleared so I decided to head down to Hen and Chicken Bay. Nothing much doing there. I got one small flattie and some small whiting.

At about 11am the rain started again and the fish had well and truely left me so I decided to call it quits. Time to head home for a warm shower, an equally warm hug from the :wife: , cuppa and some lunch.

Lovely!! :biggrin2:

Here's a few pics of the fish I got today. The water temp was only 12.5 - 13.5 degrees and very murky with a fair bit of crap floating around as well.

post-237-1149850424_thumb.jpg

post-237-1149850359_thumb.jpg

post-237-1149850454_thumb.jpg

post-237-1149850960_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hi Squidders,

Yes, it was a little tough today but better than work'n.

I know what you mean about the colour in the pics, they look greenish??? :wacko::wacko:

I must admit I didn't notice when I took the photos, although I was being very quick to get them back into the water in the shortest possible time.

Could be my photography - I'm really not sure.. :wacko:

Cheers,

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

ditoxin poisioning

:puke:

as long as u don't eat them... ur all good

nice catch lads

Nice one Dave , :thumbup: Pity about the rain :thumbdown:

After talking to you on Friday &working only 5 min from Silverwater ramp was in half a mind to slip out for a few hours & join you.

Then some minor disaster occured & that put an end to that.

After reading all the good reports on BB I think we need to get orginased & join in the fun :yahoo::yahoo:

Geoff

Green Bream:

Went for a fish today in Narra Lake and caught & released 18 bream, mostly undersized but 5 were legals.

I noticed they all had a noticeable green tinge as well. I wonder if it is to do with all the rain we've had as Narra Lake is probably at least 18 inches higher after the downpours. The colour of the water is very

murky as well and perhaps this is also something to do with the colouration in the bream.

I wish either Warringah or Pittwater Councils would do something about Narra Lake to keep it open to the sea as it's getting putrid now with the pelican weed that's virtually killed off

the natural sea grasses that abounded there in years gone by. The grasses were the

reason it was a cracker of a prawning ground.

There is a plan to dredge sand from the lake and dump it on Collaroy Beach to stop the erosion but neither council seems to be in much of a hurry to do anything.

Some locals have told me that the greenies don't want the entrance to be open permanently as they

claim it's a naturally closing lagoon. Why don't they look at a "fish run' type of thing, ie: a large underground

pipe under the dunes and out to sea so at least it gets flushed out twice a day naturally.

If something isn't done soon, it's going to be lost for all time to foreign weeds and silt..such a shame.

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi Geoff,

You should take a little bream stick and a packet of Sandworms to work with you and leave them there. The next time I come onto a patch of fish mid week I'll give you a bell and come and pick you up from the ramp :thumbup:

A Botany session sounds great - I need some points with :wife: before I can go however........ :074:

Hi Marlin, I really only buy two plastics these days, Bass Minnows and Gulp Sandworms. The Bass Minnows are lucky to get wet though :tease:

I doubt the colour of the bream has anything to do with the dioxin levels in the water. The fish caught during the summer months didn't have that tinge of green and the dioxins have been around for many years so I'd say it's got something to do with the rain and muck in the water.

Cheers

Dave.

Nice one Dave , :thumbup: Pity about the rain :thumbdown:

After talking to you on Friday &working only 5 min from Silverwater ramp was in half a mind to slip out for a few hours & join you.

Then some minor disaster occured & that put an end to that.

After reading all the good reports on BB I think we need to get orginased & join in the fun :yahoo::yahoo:

Geoff

Great stuff again Dave!

Argh this is making me jealous...I've been drawing lots of blanks lately and no idea why!

Geoff - as with what Dave says keep an outfit and some sps at work. There are a few spots along the cycleway at silverwater that produce quite a few fish. My favourite is the little 'point' or pontoon thing that sticks out into the water - it's about 3-400m walk from the silverwater ramp. Right next to that pontoon thing there is two really long logs that stick out into the river. I've always been able to pull a few of the resident bream out of there every time I go: nothing huge but enough to give you a bit of a fix:)

Atomic one inch grubs seem to do the trick there.

Also, interestingly whilst riding my bike into the city the other day I noticed that the navy wharves are now unfenced....I'm itching to head out there to have a go!

Mike