Botany Bay - 10 June

Flattieman

Good Afternoon, Raiders.

Today, I was lucky enough to cheat the weather and get out onto BB for a while. The day unfolded with a leisurely 8am start.

First stop was Towra, where I tried my hand at fishing with Berkley Sandworms for the first time. After going through six 3" portions to toads, I'd had enough, so it was anchors aweigh! and over to the Third Runway at about 10am.

Well, as usual, the ever-faithful Third Runway served its purpose. Arriving, I anchored in glassy water. After establishing a nice berley trail, I floated a prawn down. BANG! Gone. Ah well... bait up again... BANG! I'M ON! My little Shimano Stella Spin was in a NICE arc, as the fish began to fully register its weight. A bit of 4lb Fireline whizzed off the Sahara as I saw the first flash of colour - a good trevally. After a couple of tense moments, it was in the Environet. :yahoo: 40cm. It was going to be a good day.

This action continued for three hours, making me appreciate quality light gear. :thumbup: In the midst of this action, I noticed that my weighted bait rod registered a nice bite. Setting the hook, a nice 33cm bream came to the surface fairly quickly. Love those bream! :yahoo: Unfortunately, that was the only bream of the day.

I left at about 1:30pm when the fish shut down, I got hungry and a storm was brewing on the horizon. The end tally was 20+ trevs (15 kept - 30cm+) from 20 to 40cm, the lone 33cm bream, a stingray, a banjo ray and a shovelnose shark. What was up with the rays today? :wacko: The fish have been shared amongst the family, and we're all awaiting a nice feast of trevs tonight :drool: .

All in all, a good session with amicable weather (perfect in my view :thumbup: ). It really satisfied the fishing itch that I had to suppress for the last two weekends. I think a lesson can be learned here - go where you know the fish are! Now I'm thinking of heading out again this weekend. Maybe for some squid? Maybe back to the Third Runway? Decisions, decisions... Hope you like the pic (sorry about not including a ruler for reference - had to attempt the world's fastest cleaning session at the ramp when it started to rain).

Flattieman.

Nice one flattyman I was there today with Outnumbered and Tunofun. You may have seen some (had tooo many beers looking guy) a fellow raider strip down and go for a swim in the 13 degree wheather just for shits abd gigles that was me.

The water was fkn freeeeeeeeezing but what the hell. Good fun all in all and there will be a report to follow :biggrin2:

Hi Flattiman,

Sounds like you had an excellent day with the fish playing ball for ya!! :thumbup:

I understand your frustration with the toads - I hate the little buggers when I'm plastic fishing. You can go through a bag in no time flat. :thumbdown:

Good on ya, glad to hear you had a good day.

Cheers

Dave.

Here's the pic:

post-1466-1149923457_thumb.jpg

Nice one flattyman I was there today with Outnumbered and Tunofun. You may have seen some (had tooo many beers looking guy) a fellow raider strip down and go for a swim in the 13 degree wheather just for shits abd gigles that was me.

The water was fkn freeeeeeeeezing but what the hell. Good fun all in all and there will be a report to follow :biggrin2:

Nah Mate - didn't see you. The fish were cold, so I can't imagine how you felt! :biggrin2:

Hi Flattiman,

Sounds like you had an excellent day with the fish playing ball for ya!! :thumbup:

I understand your frustration with the toads - I hate the little buggers when I'm plastic fishing. You can go through a bag in no time flat. :thumbdown:

Good on ya, glad to hear you had a good day.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks motty, good fun.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

top catch Flattieman!! :thumbup:

are you training urself for the cold hair tail night???

:frozen::frozen::frozen:

top catch Flattieman!! :thumbup:

are you training urself for the cold hair tail night???

:frozen::frozen::frozen:

Thanks. I don't really need too much training - I've spent a fair bit of time out at night in the dead of winter, once doing a 24hr rogaine. Good gear is needed, though!

Flattieman.

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

Thanks. I don't really need too much training - I've spent a fair bit of time out at night in the dead of winter, once doing a 24hr rogaine. Good gear is needed, though!

Flattieman.

:1onono:

pitty i have to work on saturday

but... I will be at the ramp on sunday morning (hairtail night) with 2 cases for beer for the raiders

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You have absolutely brained em :yahoo: I wish I could actually enjoy a feed of fish :thumbdown: YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :074: Glad you got a nice feed for the family

Cheers Stewy

I'd give it all up for a Cooks River Jewie :biggrin2: . Food for relatives as well today.

Flattieman.

Good stuff flattieman

Loveley bag of blurters there mate ... well done

How do you cook them up?

Spent the day helping the :wife: with lot of stuff around the house and a bit of work in lieu of my day out yesterday.

Weather looks tragic tomorrow holding thumbs for Monday

Enjoy the trevs and hope you are going to suck on a good bottle of white wine as well.

cheers

inhlanzi

Good stuff flattieman

Loveley bag of blurters there mate ... well done

How do you cook them up?

Spent the day helping the :wife: with lot of stuff around the house and a bit of work in lieu of my day out yesterday.

Weather looks tragic tomorrow holding thumbs for Monday

Enjoy the trevs and hope you are going to suck on a good bottle of white wine as well.

cheers

inhlanzi

Thanks mate. I grill them in foil with lemon, onion, tomato, salt and pepper. Beautiful! My neighbour always enjoys her fish with a nice bottle of white - we gave her a couple of the trevs tonight.

Flattieman.

We had similar plans ,did a bit of work on the boat in the morning , had lunch ,then off to the bay!! Things were going great until I realised I had left the bloody boat key at home :ranting2: So dragged our sorry tails home ! :(

But there is always tomorrow , and short of a deluge or a hurricane , we will be there to lighten the fishstocks just a bit . Just look for the boat with the blue tarp stretched from the Bimini to the rear of the boat ! That will be me and #1Son .

Hope to be in the water before 6AM . Come on over and say Hi if you see us !

Ross

We had similar plans ,did a bit of work on the boat in the morning , had lunch ,then off to the bay!! Things were going great until I realised I had left the bloody boat key at home :ranting2: So dragged our sorry tails home ! :(

But there is always tomorrow , and short of a deluge or a hurricane , we will be there to lighten the fishstocks just a bit . Just look for the boat with the blue tarp stretched from the Bimini to the rear of the boat ! That will be me and #1Son .

Hope to be in the water before 6AM . Come on over and say Hi if you see us !

Ross

"Good luck", Ross. Hope you have a great day. From checking BOM, it looks like the storm front may move off the coast by tomorrow.

Flattieman.

Great work Flattieman :thumbup: I drove past the bay today and it was as flat as a S%*tcarters hat.. no joke today would have been awesome out there, due to babysitting commitments as the :wife: was working all I could do was pray that the rain kept away as we had organised to do a session on the Hawksebury tonight well early morning away..

well it's bucketing as I write and I've just come back from the garage where all the rods are loaded and ready to go.. buggar it I'm going I'll leave here at about 1am get there see what happens and call it a day if the weather Gods go nuts! Agter reading reports like yours and Inhlanzi's of Late I'm too pumped up not to go!! That's what wet weather gear is for right?? :yahoo:

Great work Flattieman :thumbup: I drove past the bay today and it was as flat as a S%*tcarters hat.. no joke today would have been awesome out there, due to babysitting commitments as the :wife: was working all I could do was pray that the rain kept away as we had organised to do a session on the Hawksebury tonight well early morning away..

well it's bucketing as I write and I've just come back from the garage where all the rods are loaded and ready to go.. buggar it I'm going I'll leave here at about 1am get there see what happens and call it a day if the weather Gods go nuts! Agter reading reports like yours and Inhlanzi's of Late I'm too pumped up not to go!! That's what wet weather gear is for right?? :yahoo:

Yeah mate. :biggrin2: Like the attitude! Determination! Check out the latest BOM sattelite loop here:

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.loop.shtml

Looks like the front's moving away. Catch heaps - I want to see a victory report!

Flattieman.

So we left at sparrows this morning , drove to BB , got out of the car , and got straight back in again. Winds gusting to 38 Knots , raining , cold and miserable !! Maybe tomorrow???? :05:

Ross

There's always tomorrow.

Flattieman.