Saturday Botany Bay

Sharky

Hey Raiders

Hit in the bay on Saturday with Brian (Outnumbered) Brett (Tunofun) my mate Tony and yours truly.

The plan of attack was to go for a troll along the heads for about an hour or so then go inside the bay anchor up and burley up and play the waiting game.

We launched at St George MBC (After some moron thought we were launching in the cooks :wacko: )

Sorry Brian :( So to the heads we went and we put out a spread with skirts and Xmas trees and a lone red head nilsie. Brian was first on no sooner had he clicked the bailarm over with a nice slimey in coming so expectations were high. After about 20 mins the rod with the nilsie got a strike and Tonys cherry was popped on a nice bonnie. Tony hasnt been fishing since 1991 so to say he was wrapped is an understatement. We continues trolling with a couple more bonnies coming on board, We also got a rat king of about 35cm??? He went back to grow. As we got back inside the heads Brian pulls a huge taylor of about 55cm. Nice fish mate.

Over to the third runway and out goes the burley trail and up goes the beers :beersmile::beersmile:

The bite took about half and hour to turn on and we started pulling in trevs, I dropped a flatty at the boat on a gulp and a flounder :mad3: but we were having fun. At about 10pm the current stopped alltogether and the bite shut down. The burley was just sinking to the bottom and there was no current at all :thumbdown:

So we played the waiting game and talked a whole lot of $!%T and kept ourselves amused as best we could.

After having some great Sashimi from the bonnies (even though the soy sauce leaked all over the esky)

I decided to go for a swim for no reason other than pure bordem and the water was FRICKEN FREEZING.

We called it a day after that and headed back stopping briefley at the CCB to see if we could spin up a jew.

The didnt come to play but theres always next time.

All in all we had to work hard for the fish we kept and ended up with a feed of about 10 trevs 3 bonnies and a taylor. Once again thanks again for a great day out Brian and I look forward to getting into some more fish next time.

I think theres a few picks around as there was 3 cameras on the boat so the picks should be posted when the guys get online

The Bonnies go down a real treat. Last time we didnt have any soy sauce so we had them on BBQ shapes.

With soy they are great but when they are fresh they are just delish, I ended up eating a whole bonnie raw for dinner on sunday night with some veggies what a treat :biggrin2:

The Bonnies go down a real treat. Last time we didnt have any soy sauce so we had them on BBQ shapes.

With soy they are great but when they are fresh they are just delish, I ended up eating a whole bonnie raw for dinner on sunday night with some veggies what a treat :biggrin2:

A class act, Sharky. Nice report. Good company and some great fishing - who could ask for more?

Flattieman.