Australia V Japan

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Does our world cup dream end here , or do we storm home and score 2/1 .

After all the Hype , I think OZ will be totally gutted if beaten by Japan , and To think I actually started to like this game a li`l bit.

C`mon Aussie c`mon , c`mon , C`mon Aussie c`mon , c`mon !.

Mick

GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

At the 80 minute mark, i was beginning to think our campaign was in tatters after a shocking ref call had us down 1-0.

Timmy Cahill does what he does best and thats slots away loose balls in the box to make it 1-1. I done a couple of laps of the house and hugged family members before getting back to the game and realising that we had some sever momentum. In fact we had momentum the whole match and made Japan look ordinary the whole 90 minutes.

My suspicions were confirmed when timmy put us in the lead with a screamer from 20 yards - YOU BEAUTY!!! Not only was our world cup dream alive, 3 points from our first match put us in a very favourable position to advance.

John Aloisi then topped off our night while we topped up our drinks - with a sizzling run, tearing apart the jap defence and then slotting home a very cool finish. Australia had the three points, they also had three goals which will come in VERY handy if indeed qualification for the second round comes down to goal different.

What a match boys, i thought i was in ecstasy when we defeated uruguay - this just took the cake even though i wasn't at this one.

The victory was definately coming the whole match though, dominating the whole thing, jus't couldnt find the net with near misses to dukes, harry and breshas.

BRING ON BRAZIL - GO AUSTRALIA!!!

post-302-1150129985_thumb.jpg

Edited by loomylover

What can I say?

That was a ripper of a match.

I think alot of people are now realising that Australia can make the second round after that result.

Go the Socceroos.

Regards

Paul

Guest wayneo

gday fellas

what a game for the soccerroos and we made the japan team look very ordinary all game.they got a bullshit goal and defended the rest of the game.it took some brilliant coaching from the master guus.hail to the guus.

we can make 2nd round and you never know what we might do after that the world will stand up and take a note and that we arent just thee to make up the numbers.some teams will not wanna play us coz we are better then what our rankings say we are.bring on brazil our boys will make us proud again becoz they have the aussie spirit of never giving up even when things didnt go our way we still gave 100% and came out with a win.

i think guus has been involved to long with us aussies,see him push the 4th official and then he pushed the japanese trainer,guus wasnt happy and he showed it with some aussie aggression

here we go here we go here we go

go the green and gold

cheers wayneo

G`day Fellas ,

Boy what a game , not one Coathanger, not one single gouge , not even a Nip ( Pardon the Pun ) on the Bicep by those renown diry players the socceroos .

Methinks I could watch some more of this FOOTBALL Stuff , so who`s next .

Mick

Excellent result even with the poor refereeing Guus is a tactical genius and we played very well never lost composure at all playing with 3 strikers and 2 attacking midfielders at the end payed off It could of left gaping holes at the back but the defence performed extremely well

I like to be critical even at the best of times so I will say that our strikers need to shape up, a lot more desperation and aggression needed in the box! Also cut out the short ball, short ball, short ball, long ball, we lost every single long ball last night!! Other than that, GO THE SOCCERPOOS!!! Bloody awesome game and the 4 hours sleep was worth it :thumbup: