Central Coast Luderick

Fishlessmick

Went down to the lake for a quick sesh to see if the blackies have started their run yet, and with a good fish first drift for Tony "ratking" things were looking good. Famous last words :mad3: not a single down for the next 2 hours, so we try some shrimp and nothing until Tony gets a screeeemer of a down and lands a 450mm Ep with which we left on a high note.

post-167-1150277020_thumb.jpg

cheers

Mick

Went down to the lake for a quick sesh to see if the blackies have started their run yet, and with a good fish first drift for Tony "ratking" things were looking good. Famous last words :mad3: not a single down for the next 2 hours, so we try some shrimp and nothing until Tony gets a screeeemer of a down and lands a 450mm Ep with which we left on a high note.

post-167-1150277020_thumb.jpg

cheers

Mick

That's a beaut EP, fishlessmick. From my favourite place in the world too!

Flattieman.

Nice EP Mick... shame about the blackfish.... oh hang on ........ Blackfish

I was planning to go and give them a shot on the weekend from the boat

Any tips on where you are getting your weed???

Seeming that I dont live down there now I will PM you the spot where I used to get my weed, both wire and crispy at this time of year. Make sure you wear shorts :1prop:

Thats a nice EP there. They seem to hand around down there alot and are always a good chance with the pistol shrimp. Unfortunately you also get a number of people keeping heaps of them :thumbdown: The luderick (sorry but that is the name I have always known them as and it refers to nothing but the fish) season has been pretty poor the past couple of years due to the shallow entrance but I hear that it is a bit deeper at the moment so hopefully it will let them in. I normally fished in front of the waterways at the moored punts or up at budgiewoi but since they removed all the trees at Budgie it does not seem to produce like it did. Now that I am up on the North coast I will need to pull the Alvey down and the whippy rod and chase them in the Richmond. Nothing as relaxing as watching a float while sitting in the Winter sun.

very nice ep, getting hungry looking at it. lol

speaking bout black fish, i was down at culburra on the wkend, didnt get to do much fishing but there were some people braving the conditions fishing for blackies. I also saw the alveys out in force with their floats.

It was really windy though so not sure how well it would have fished.

A tackle shop was selling the weed for $10/kg. is that cheap ? I've never seen this weed in the wild, so not sure how to get it. Is this weed difficult to get, or should i just buy it?

fyi im asking this because im heading back down to Culburra in a few weeks time, so would like to hear what the raiders think about this.

Again awesome EP :drool: