Tss4 For Jews?

julianjack27

Hi all.

I have just bought myself a TSS4 for use in the bay to cast slugs at Tuna and Mackeral. I was wondering if it would be fine to use for jew fishing as well? Or should I just buy a separate rig?

Any suggestions/opinions/ideas would be most appreciated.

cheers

Skip'n

• 4 weeks later...

Mate nothing wronge with using them for jews, I have caughts heaps on my Tss4's. Im not a fan of baitrunning for jews and find the speedy a much better option...... i hear the jew hunters hissing lol but hey my ratio of hookups out of runs tripled when i ditched the bait run system and started using fixed drag.

90% of my jews are thanks to my tss4's

Rob.

Guest hottuna

Mate nothing wronge with using them for jews, I have caughts heaps on my Tss4's. Im not a fan of baitrunning for jews and find the speedy a much better option...... i hear the jew hunters hissing lol but hey my ratio of hookups out of runs tripled when i ditched the bait run system and started using fixed drag.

90% of my jews are thanks to my tss4's

Rob.

Strong reel nothing wrong with them.

I`ll second that too. I alsways fish tight drags from jews. they hook them selfs, all you have to do is wrestle the rod out of the rod holder then the fish.

pS fit strong rod holders, some of my better spinning reels are set at 8kg+ of drag. BIG Jews have BIG HARD Jawbones! use BIG hooks and baits

dan