Another Spin In The Cooks

My mate Stevo and i went for another spin in the cooks, this time mostly off the break wall. We got there at about 1pm with the tide change around 2pm from memory and things were very quiet.

We had not got a single tap for the first half hour or so and another fella who we met there was having the same problem.

Next minute you know i hear the fella next to mes drag goin off and after a short fight he pulled in a trev of ok size. After calling him every name under the sun cause we hadnt even had a tap i hear Stevo laughing as his drag starts to get peeled and in comes another trev.

I still hadnt had a hit so i changed my retrieve and low and behold i was on, only for it to pull the hook right where i could see it :ranting2: We caught a couple more here and there, then late in the arvo a massive school of choppers came through and we were hauling in one after the other. We soon got bored of this as they were all around the 20cm size with the odd 28cm so we called it a day.

Only pic i took is below, i need to remember to take more pics :wacko:

EDIT: Just looked at the pic looks like the dude in the background is watering the river :074: If anyone knows him say gday he was a top bloke :thumbup:

post-1613-1150758560_thumb.jpg

gday MrGenius

nice looking trev. how far down did go down the breakwall? whenever i fish there, i go right out to the end of the wall. caught my pb trev there a while ago, went 1.3kg.

ive also seen salmon caught there funny enough.

We were spinning the whole wall start to finish, most fish picked up about 15m from the end. The other fella that was there was telling us that the salmon were on the day b4, so we were hoping to land one as neither of us have caught a salmon before :1fishing1:

We were spinning the whole wall start to finish, most fish picked up about 15m from the end. The other fella that was there was telling us that the salmon were on the day b4, so we were hoping to land one as neither of us have caught a salmon before :1fishing1:

The sambos were there alright. But u shoulda been flicking lures off Brighton Beach not the breakwall. We got 9 sambos on the beach that morning.