Quick Double Breamin Session

mitch

G'day raiders,

decided to drive up to sydney a couple of days ago to visit a mate for his B'day and take him to get amongst a few bream. Now that i have moved some 4 hours away i'll use any excuse to get back down there to my fave waterways.

We decided to hit one of my fave southerrn Sydney waterways first with a 5am start. Launched the boat and i took us off to the first spot, tide was low which makes it hard in this spot. I pulled the fist of the day going 33 fork. as we moved on I got nailed on the drop and called for the net as i knew it was a cracker. A rather sluggish fight but still a couple of good runs and a nice healthy 39fork and 1.4kg bream guided into the net. that made me feel better (pics will follow once downloaded). We decided to move down river where i managed another couple of bream going 33, 35, 30 giving me a healthy comp bag of 4.35kg. after weighing the bag we decided to chace some trevors and jew. 4 trevors came aboard and a quick smokin from a jew.

After this we decided to put the boat on the trailer and hit the Harbour. Water was crystal clear and a lot colder than last time i hit it. There were a few fish about but they were very flighty with most bream following the placcie out and I would have to be enticing them in open water to take the lure. I fished mainly new spots or spots I haven't fished for a while and unfortunatly they didn't pay off as much as i'd liked. I figure I have 6 months of pre fishing for the AUS open next year and that can be my excuse for driving to sydney all the time.

Will post pics once i download em.

Cheers,

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

39cm Bream = 1.4kg now???

I think you didn't realise that it was a 39cm fork length bream. Actually keenist, a 39cm fork length Yellowfin Bream is cited in the AFN Angler's Journal and Almanac as having an average weight of 1.5kg, so mitch's story is particularly plausible.

Flattieman.

1.4 yep....

I have been breaming for a fair few years and I have caught a lot of bream around theat size. In saying that I have caught 39 cm bream that weigh 1kg through to the 1.4 mark. I have caught 45cm bream that don't weigh as much and then again some weigh a lot more. It depends on the water you are fishing and the time of year.

Mitch