South Coast Action...any One Here From Down There

mrelxr6

hi guys im new to the forum .but i have been reading for a long time.im from the campbelltown area

and my other hunt is either gerringong (werri beach)(seven mile)or botany and cronulla .

any way more to the point has any one been on a trip down to st georges basin area as im keen to get down there asap and have heard rumours that the place is on fire.any reports would be appretiated.also any one here a member of a fishing club?thanks guys

Guest maraudingmado

:1welcomeani: Nathen

There is a bloke that goes by the name of Allthegear that frequents this website. He lives down the Shoalhaven area and is a fountain of knowledge of the area. Try contacting him

Gday mate.

Not sure if this information is of any use to you but here it is anyway..

I regularly hit that area 3-4 times a year ( Jervis Bay/ Booderee Nat Pk) and i can say that the fishing down that way is something that needs to be seen to believed. I only fish Land based from rocks/beach but have always come home with fish and many a time have had to throw back because i had enough caught already.

I am planning a trip down there in the next 1-3 weeks for some more LB action , always willing to share the experience with fellow fisho's. As for boat reports i rarely read a bad one !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nathen,

I've lived and fished Gerringong and seven mile all my life. If your coming down let me know in advance and I'll give you a report on what's happening with the fishing and the weather. Sorry for the late reply but I have been moving house and had no broadband for 2 weeks. Went out yesterday for my first run in the new boat and caught a few nice reddies around a kilo each. Not much around in the way of flatties though.

St Georges basin is a good spot but has been a little quieter over the last month or so due to cold water temps. I've got the next couple of weekends off work and will be out and about in the boat.

:beersmile: Stallo

• 3 months later...

Hi Nathen,

I've lived and fished Gerringong and seven mile all my life. If your coming down let me know in advance and I'll give you a report on what's happening with the fishing and the weather. Sorry for the late reply but I have been moving house and had no broadband for 2 weeks. Went out yesterday for my first run in the new boat and caught a few nice reddies around a kilo each. Not much around in the way of flatties though.

St Georges basin is a good spot but has been a little quieter over the last month or so due to cold water temps. I've got the next couple of weekends off work and will be out and about in the boat.

:beersmile: Stallo

yeh mate my parents have got a holiday hopuse down there not far from the fishermans club at gerroa.i try to get down there as much as i can ..but work doesnt help lol..

G/Day Nathen :1welcomeani:

You have a fishing club in Campbelltown which i am a member of Campbelltown City Sports Fishing

Which meets the 3rd Wednesday of the Month at the Campbelltown Golf Club , Glenn Alpine

Tomorrow night. Starts at 7:30pm

Cheers

Tom

mate i will cya there .i think i have talked to you before at franks house