How To Get Berkley Sp Through Customs.

nzwarriors

Hi guys, I recently brought some berkley SP online, however upon entry to oz they were confiscated by customs, and they wrote me a letter saying that i need to obtain a manufacturer certificate stating that the product is 100% synthetic, and mineral based e.t.c. Does anyone know where i can obtain one? or has anyone had this experience before.

Thanks heaps for your help.

I know of a few people that have had the same problem as yourself with customs. Give Pure fishing (Aust. distributers of Berkly) a call and talk to Mark. Hopefully he can help you out although I'm not 100% sure.

For future importing of placcies and the like be sure to tell the company you buy them from not to right things on the packaging such as ....worms, baits, fish etc. ask if they can simply label them as plastics. that way there shouldn't be any worries with customs

Mitch

I know of a few people that have had the same problem as yourself with customs. Give Pure fishing (Aust. distributers of Berkly) a call and talk to Mark. Hopefully he can help you out although I'm not 100% sure.

For future importing of placcies and the like be sure to tell the company you buy them from not to right things on the packaging such as ....worms, baits, fish etc. ask if they can simply label them as plastics. that way there shouldn't be any worries with customs

Mitch

berkley wont give you that certificate if you bought power grubs or gulps cos they are not 100% synthetic.

:1badmood::mad3::beersmile::1fishing1:

Hey guys thanks for your help, i guess my chances are slim, i brought exactly gulp and power grubs. I think im stuffed, the customs people i talked to was a bit hoey and i stressed that you can actually buy it from any store e.t.c but they pretty much said too bad. so yeah, ill give pure fishing a call

Thanks heaps guys

Edited by coollamon