Daiwa Millionaire Bay Casting Special.

Guest BBM Rick

Guest BBM Rick

Just picked up a new Daiwa Bay Casting Special, and I gotta say, this thing rocks! I have it loaded with Live Fibre 20lb braid. The guys told me it would be capable of casting light weights, and they were not wrong. I can cast a 70mm Squidgie on a 1/8oz jighead with no greif at all! Next outing I will be trying even smaller just to see how it goes.

It is sitting on a Shimano Dam Raider at the moment, but I am visiting Rohit on Sunday evening to discuss the rod for this one. I want something that I can use on the Bream in comps, or is at home pulling small pelagics like Bonnies and Macks.

I reckon around 6'10" - 7'0", curry cork, titan guides and maybe a spiral wrap. What do you guys think???

Rick.

Edited by BBM Rick

I have a very evil smile on my face right now Rick. Do you want to be able to use the full strength of the 20lb braid that you have loaded the reel with? The blank I have in mind will cast your light jigheads but wont be very sporting on the bream and the macks will be looking for the hidden stroker :biggrin2:

But if you intend to concentrate on the lighter side then I have a very nice 7' rated from 2-5kg

I can also do the glass rod in the review but it wont suit plastics

Guest BBM Rick

I have a very evil smile on my face right now Rick.

Thats because your an evil man!

I do intend to concentrate on the lighter side and am considering re-loading with 10lb PE braid, just to try it out. Bloody expensive stuff, though! What did you have in mind, Dr Evil?

Rick.

Thats because your an evil man!

I do intend to concentrate on the lighter side and am considering re-loading with 10lb PE braid, just to try it out. Bloody expensive stuff, though! What did you have in mind, Dr Evil?

Rick.

What do you reckon about the 7ML blank, will suit the 10lb line and is a good one for spiral, you will be able to fit more 10lb on the reel and have a ball with the sambos and bonnies, I do have 2 slightly heavier blanks as well

Guest BBM Rick

What do you reckon about the 7ML blank, will suit the 10lb line and is a good one for spiral, you will be able to fit more 10lb on the reel and have a ball with the sambos and bonnies, I do have 2 slightly heavier blanks as well

Will a Spiral Wrap help/hinder or make no difference to casting distance or accuracy? The ML is sounding the goods mate. I am keen on low profile, double footed guides for this one, what would you recommend? After having the titans and carbon reel seat on the Stick of Death, I couldnt go back to anything less than that sort of quality, it just wouldnt be right. I am hoping to duplicate that level of quality with the components on this one as well.

Guest BBM Rick

OK, have spent the evening at Rohits designing the new rod for this reel, and here is what we came up with.

We will be using the ML SP blank (feels awesome). I have ordered EVA camo coloured grips, Ti runners with blue inserts that match the reel. These will be bound with a very dark blue thread with gold trim. The rod will be a spiral wrap config. I have re-spooled the Daiwa with 15lb PE Braid (Japanese Bass Hard brand) which feels amazing. Should be a great combo, will post pics of components as they arrive.

Rick.

Guest BBM Rick

Great choice of reel BBM I picked up a Bluebacker last week, I'm looking for a rod for it too.

Been looking at one of these maybe

http://www.campbellsprotackle.com/store/product.asp?ID=3508

Cheers, Allan

Looks awesome mate, but for that sort of $ you could get 2 custom weapons from Rohit, built to your specs!! Love the reel though, awesome choice mate.

Rick.