Iron Cove 15/07/2006

Hi guys,

I was stupid enough to go out in the rain this morning and have a flick at IC. Absolutely dead quiet - even the toads weren't around. But I got the feeling my tide chart was wrong - high tide of 11:39 - anyone concur?

But despite the fact it was freezing cold and I had nought a hit, it was nice to be back on the water after a long enforced hiatus :biggrin2:

May go out again tomorrow if my cold comes good...AND I HOPE THE TIDE CHART IS RIGHT :mad3:

Mike

I wasnt too far away from you mate. I was at my usual spot up from the bridge trying for blackfish. Not a bit the whole time I was there. Outdoordan got a nice trev on weed. Nice way to blood his new blackfish rod. He built it himself with parts he got from me.

I noticed that the whole time we were there (10:00am - 1:30pm) the watermark was quite high and didnt come down much. I hadnt looked at the chart but looked like we must have caught the last hour of runup when we started

Did you get the pixy fixed?

Mate what a difference a day makes!

I shot down to have a look in H.C Bay & it was unfishable. The barometer dropped quickly, it got cold, was really windy & bloody horrible!

I'll have another look tommorow.

Cheers,

Whoa a trev on weed? Now that's weird! What next? Kingies? :1prop:

Well done outdoor Dan and Saqa!

Dang I would have seen you guys as I nearly slinked up to the bridge to cast a few shads at it. But as it went it got a bit windy and a bit colder and I got a bit :1badmood: so I thought it would be more fun to go home and play with some new computer stuff I recently acquired :wacko:

Yeah I got the pixy fixed...drag is now beautiful :biggrin2: I was in two minds about taking it and the Bream UL out in the rain but I haven't fished in ages so it came out with me in the end. Didn't get anything to test the drag or put a decent curve in the rod but at least it was a pleasure to cast :biggrin2:

newatthegame check out Jewhunter's reply to your post in the Hen and Chicken Bay thread...it's spot on. Go down at low tide, look around for structure/dropoffs/flathead lies (summer prob more so)/etc and then come back at high tide to have a cast. I was around Rodd pt myself as well. You didn't want to be there yesterday :1badmood: but it's been good to me in the past.

Jewhunter...I think that's the first time you ever mentioned drawing a blank! What a day :wacko:

Edited by Little_Flatty