Trailer Roller

jjsydney

Hi All

I have had a trailer boat for a few years now andhave not had to do anything to the roller,

however on inspection a cpl of them look in a technical way to be rooted.

What is the difference in colour? is it only colour or is there a wieght issue? etc.

Allt he roller r currently smooth ones, what is the advantage of the ones with the ridges and where on the trailer would they run.

I noticed the post below, perhaps my best bet would be to ask george to service it?

jon

G'day Jon

red rollers are for glass boats

blue are for tin boats

black are general purpose

the rollers that have a spiral groove are called self aligning and are used as the first roller your boat makes contact with when retrieving it helps keep your boat in the middle of the trailer.

changing rollers is a pretty straight forward job just make sure you get the right size and if they are very old its probably i good idea to replace the roller axles as well.

Hi George

I have glass boat but all the rollers r blue.

and was wondering about the difference between the ribbed and the smooth owbble rollers. There also appears to b a grey colour availible?

I will need to replace some of the gal pins that r all rusted.

The delimea= the boat in the water, the trailer @ the water and no power for grinders etc, any ideas.??

Jon

g'day jon as brian said it's not a hard job if you need help with it just give me a call.

What about if we had a Maintenance day ? With a few non boating helpers , we could probably be able to organise something with boats / trailers etc . Might be a good time to pick up on some maintenance tips from more experienced boaters.

I have replaced the rear two rollers and pins using the jack method , but I really need the boat off the trailer to do the front ones.

Ross

g'day jon I really don't know what the difference is as brian said blue is for tinnies and red is for glass. they can be done with the boat on but it is better if it's not . I have a generator if it has to be done at the ramp