Trolling The Heads - Sydney Harbour

R_Zee

G'day fellow Raiders,

First report, been following up fish raider for a while though.

Went out for a troll around 1pm using 2 cd7 and 1 cd9 rapalas in various colours. South head wasnt productive and the conditions didnt allow getting right into the wash. Headed to North head saw some birds working the surface, the rapalas wernt working so i started flicking 1 inch sp and managed 2 hook ups. No they wern't sambos but no complaints and frigate macs are still good fun on bait caster 6 lb braid on my 1-3 kg shimano graphite rod.

Called it a day at 4pm.

I'll be out again next week.

G'day fellow Raiders,

Went out for a troll around 1pm using 2 cd7 and 1 cd9 rapalas in various colours. South head wasnt productive and the conditions didnt allow getting right into the wash. Headed to North head saw some birds working the surface, the rapalas wernt working so i started flicking 1 inch sp and managed 2 hook ups. No they wern't sambos but no complaints and frigate macs are still good fun on bait caster 6 lb braid on my 1-3 kg shimano graphite rod.

Called it a day at 4pm.

:1welcomeani: to the site, R_Zee. Sounds like those frigates were great fun on the light gear.

Flattieman.

G'day fellow Raiders,

Called it a day at 4pm.

I have never tried to eat them.

My mate Peter filleted and soaked in salt and sugar.

Lets see how they go on the smoker.

No photos this time. I will make sure to keep my digital camera on board next weekend

:1welcomeani: to the site, R_Zee. Sounds like those frigates were great fun on the light gear.

Flattieman.

Thank you Flattieman.

They were allright. I can't wait to get a kingy or some slamon on this new setup.

If i was trolling 15kg line it wouldnt have been worth mentioning.

The light gear makes the day.

I'd rather getting spooled any day than dragging the fish into the boat.