H.c Bay Again.

G'day all, hope everyone had a top w/end.

Gave my young fellas' godfather a call to have a flick with us today down the bay. We set off at the ungodly hour of 12.30pm :074: & took my 2.5 year old along for the ride.

We headed smack into an Ausbream do that saw 3 boats & a kayak working over the spot. They weren't catching much so we got into it as they moved along. :biggrin2:

Nailed a nice 30cm bream after about 20 mins & then as the tide ranout it just got better. A 32cm model was quickly followed by a 38cm stonker that put on a great show. My little bloke, JJ, was in fish heaven. I was hooking & he was winding em in like a pro! I simply can't describe the feelings I had watching him & the joy on his face. It was something very special to me.

Met up with OutdoorDan, who decided after watching JJ wind in 3 bream & to top it off a 60cm Flattie, to grab his rod & join in. Thanks for a lend of the grips so Jayden could hold up his Flattie mate. :thumbup: It was nice to meet you.

Ended up with 7 bream & the Flattie for the session :yahoo: . JJ wound in 4 bream & the Flattie & proudly posed for pics. He also kissed a bream but after tasting it won't be doing it again soon. Unfortunatley his godfather only managed a silver biddy.

All up an easy, relaxed & fantastic session that will keep me smiling for a while.

Cheers, Grant.

FANTASTIC!!! :yahoo: H.C. Bay is on fire and JJ is hooked for life - that's one more convert to tick off the list!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Well done once again! 38cm is a great fish by all standards and I'm sure it was like a Marlin for a 2.5-year-old. Keep it up. Btw, a 60cm flattie isn't to be scoffed at either!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

I was there today also at the same time, caught a small flattie and my mate got a 20cm or so bream.

Didnt see any other people except 2 fellas on a bass boat thing and the odd person joggin so i must have been in a different spot, never fished there b4 so dont know the area :1fishing1:

G'day all, hope everyone had a top w/end.

Gave my young fellas' godfather a call to have a flick with us today down the bay. We set off at the ungodly hour of 12.30pm :074: & took my 2.5 year old along for the ride.

We headed smack into an Ausbream do that saw 3 boats & a kayak working over the spot. They weren't catching much so we got into it as they moved along. :biggrin2:

Nailed a nice 30cm bream after about 20 mins & then as the tide ranout it just got better. A 32cm model was quickly followed by a 38cm stonker that put on a great show. My little bloke, JJ, was in fish heaven. I was hooking & he was winding em in like a pro! I simply can't describe the feelings I had watching him & the joy on his face. It was something very special to me.

Met up with OutdoorDan, who decided after watching JJ wind in 3 bream & to top it off a 60cm Flattie, to grab his rod & join in. Thanks for a lend of the grips so Jayden could hold up his Flattie mate. :thumbup: It was nice to meet you.

Ended up with 7 bream & the Flattie for the session :yahoo: . JJ wound in 4 bream & the Flattie & proudly posed for pics. He also kissed a bream but after tasting it won't be doing it again soon. Unfortunatley his godfather only managed a silver biddy.

All up an easy, relaxed & fantastic session that will keep me smiling for a while.

Cheers, Grant.

I tried for about 3-4 hours at Iron Cove from 11.30-2.30 and caught absolutley nothing. Whats the secret lol.

Good to see someone is at least catching fish. Are you fishing in Exile Bay near the golf course?

Well done

I tried for about 3-4 hours at Iron Cove from 11.30-2.30 and caught absolutley nothing. Whats the secret lol.

Good to see someone is at least catching fish. Are you fishing in Exile Bay near the golf course?

Well done

Is it called Exile Bay? Your getting warmer mate! :biggrin2:

I'm also fishing lighter jigheads than I normally do & it seems to be working. 1/28 instead of my usual 1/16.

I've found the run-out has been fishing alot better than the run-in at the moment. Last year was the opposite!

Keep at it mate, you'll work it out soon. :fisher:

Cheers,

Is it called Exile Bay? Your getting warmer mate! :biggrin2:

I'm also fishing lighter jigheads than I normally do & it seems to be working. 1/28 instead of my usual 1/16.

I've found the run-out has been fishing alot better than the run-in at the moment. Last year was the opposite!

Keep at it mate, you'll work it out soon. :fisher:

Cheers,

Your never going to give it away are you? (typical fisherman!) Just a question since i am new. You were saying before about going down at low tide and have a look around before fishing at high tide. What exactly are you looking for especially for bream? Just drop offs? or Just structure which things like oysters and things grow ? I know you don't want to give your secrets away but any advice is always handy.

Cheers. Might see you around one day i don't live very far away as well

Guest madsmc

Some nice breambo's there Grant, especially the 38cm model.

Good to see the young fella enjoying his fishing too. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

G'day Newatthegame. I'm more than happy to share what I know. That's what this site is all about. It's not a secret spot, I don't think there are any in the Harbour anyway. The bay around the golf course is fishing well at the moment. :biggrin2:

Look for patches of rocks, small channels, variations in depth ( even small ones ) weed beds & mud flats with plenty of nipper & crab holes in them. Work these areas over around the top of the tide & you will find fish. When to fish them is the key & that can only come through trial & error & experience. It changes year by year. It's all part of it.

Good luck with your future expeditions & I'm looking forward to your posts when you get into a few.

Cheers,

Edited by Jewhunter

Grant a pleasure to run into you and catch a few fish along side with you. Nice way to meet you!! hehehe. And i dare say u have a little future breamer there along side you. Great to watch him wind in a few. CHeers mate and heres hoping we can have a fish sometime together soon.

CHeers

Ben

G'day Ben & :1welcomeani: to the site. Nice to see you throw up a post!

I'm sure we'll catch up again mate. After running into you twice in 2 days it's bound to happen.

Well done to yourself as well. You caught quite a few nice fish to! :thumbup:

Cheers, Grant.

Edited by Jewhunter