Shimano Tr200g

domza

I went to the 25% 'K....' sale yesterday, and stocked up on hooks, tuna oil, a few lures and other bits and pieces. As i was about to head for the cash register I thought i would check out the lastest range of reels in the glass display. I noticed they have got a new 'tr200g' game overhead reel by shimano. I was in a hurry so i didn't ask for the price. If its at a good price i was thinking of buying it for some light trolling.

Has anyone ever heard or had experieces with this reel, i would be very interested how it would perform on some light trolling for kings, salmon and bonito...ect

thanks

Guest MarkD

the reels in *****, bigw etc seem to me to be on the lower end of the scale..that said I've never heard of that model.

I went to the 25% 'K....' sale yesterday, and stocked up on hooks, tuna oil, a few lures and other bits and pieces. As i was about to head for the cash register I thought i would check out the lastest range of reels in the glass display. I noticed they have got a new 'tr200g' game overhead reel by shimano. I was in a hurry so i didn't ask for the price. If its at a good price i was thinking of buying it for some light trolling.

Has anyone ever heard or had experieces with this reel, i would be very interested how it would perform on some light trolling for kings, salmon and bonito...ect

thanks

I have owned one before, was my first OH reel. The drag is smooth and it casted land based snapper rigs very well. shouldnt give you any probs but do checkout the leverdrag version (TR200LD/charter special). Also have a look at the speedmaster that haraka is selling. Its a superior reel