My Most Memorable Trip

KINGvirgin

My best mate and I decided last minute to go for a quick getaway down to Fairy Meadow for a spot of camping out near the beach.. i whacked the old bodyboard and fishing rods in the car along with the tent and off we went . We arrived on location and the beach was in good nick considering the conditions so we threw out some pillies and some metal slices , not long after we hooked into a school of salmon, unfortunately they were all of smallish size but nonetheless still good fun on the light gear. After a while we decided to call it TEA on day 1 and we wnt off enjoyed the local resort indoor heated pool and spa and sauna :thumbup:

Decided the 2nd session should fall at dark in hope of some tailor, by now the water had become quite rough but we decided to tough it out, on the way down i jammed my beach rod tip into the ground and the bastard snapped off my top guide :ranting2: , down to only my small raider i was to persist, standing in the knee high washes i got a good hit immediately , so i re-baited and entered back into the affray. I was too busy yakking to my mate to realise a big wave had pounded out in front and by the time i had realised that knee high water was about to become waist-chest height i was in no mans land... although i managed to keep my footing i was thoroughly drenched and after battling on for a few more mins i decided to call STUMPS, we got back to the car and i reached into my pocket .... only to find 1 set of keys :wacko:

after a desperate search of the beach by mobile phone light we gave up, drowned my sorrows with many :beersmile: but my worst fears were confirmed at sunrise when daylight could not even find my car keys... So there i am stranded in the Gong , 100kms from home without a key to my car!

i did manage to get back home that day through a trusty friend who just so happened to be at Wollongong Uni and lives only 10 mins away , so armed with my spare key the return trip was made ( again via Trusty friend - thank god she goes to the uni of Gong ) , i couldnt resist temptation so i threw a slice onto my raider and found a nice gutter , a few casts later ZZZZZZ and then PING! :ranting2:

the light gear was no match for the salmon hooked . Determined not to head home i pulled on the wetsuit and dragged the board out and managed the craziest bodyboarding session ever, some waves were absolute monsters :1yikes: after bout 45 mins i was absolutely stuffed from fighting the pounding mother ocean and called it a day...... now all i need is to get another car key :074: