The Entrance "help Needed"

Lewis

G,Day Fellow Raiders.

My family of four and some close friends are planing a camping/caravan trip up to The Entrance early Jan 2007. We will be there for around 10 days and would appreciate any information from either locals or from past visitors to the area.

Information such as camp site recomendations, where to and where not to go. I will of course be taking my 4.55 polycraft up with us so some information on the best ramps and fishing locations,camping grounds that are close to decent ramps. I would like to fish inside the lake and outside as well, weather permitting.

I would also like to meet up with any local Fishraider members if possible and have day out on the water.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Manama.

Thats probably the single most iportant information outside of where to

actually catch the fish I could ask for!

Great site have put it immediately in my favorites folder.

Thanks again. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2:

Lewis ,at the Entrance at that time of the year you would expect to catch Whiting and Flathead in the lake near the bridge and off the beach ,worms and nippers and poddy mullet will serve you well .

If you are into Soft Plastics or Hardbodies you could troll around the drop offs with diving lures to 6 feet .

You could expect to tangle with Tailor and Jews off the beach near the entrance to the lake.

Dunleith Caravan Park is a very nice place to stay and there is a small boat ramp inside the park where you could launch your boat from .It is located on the Northern Side of the bridge .

Bream would be an option at night as well as the bigger fellas come out to play ,during the day a lot of small fish are in attendance .

post-256-1154123257_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

As far as heading outwide mate, either the ramps at Terrigal haven or Norah head will get you out to some fantastic fishing grounds as the Entrance to Tuggerah lakes is dangerous and not recommended. Would be happy to give you a few GPS marks bud, PM me

Cheers Steve

As far as heading outwide mate, either the ramps at Terrigal haven or Norah head will get you out to some fantastic fishing grounds as the Entrance to Tuggerah lakes is dangerous and not recommended. Would be happy to give you a few GPS marks bud, PM me

Cheers Steve

Thanks Steve.

I will PM you when it gets a little closer to the trip.

Cheers, Lew

and dont forget the abundance of catfish available :074:

best not to mention you're a Fishraider either :biggrin2::074:

CFD

Hope you get one of the really big brown ones with the orange whiskers (meowwwwwwww) :1yikes: