Botany 30-07-06

Guest Saqa

G'day raiders

I went out today with George.S and his son Robbie for a plastic session for trevs. I arrived at the ramp on Fiji time like always :biggrin2: and was picked up by the boys. We headed over to mol point and proceeded to cast our arms off for very little result :(

Robbie got the first fish of the day, a nice 37cm trev which went hard

post-1888-1154253041_thumb.jpg

A little bit later he got stuck into what felt like another nice fish but when I pulled my camera out it became shy and dropped the jig. We stayed there untill we ran out of patience and moved over to the drums. I dragged in a 27cm trev there. with the wind and chop turning a bit foul we nosed around the runways for a bit and went back to mol point. Tried plastic after plastic and I finally got a small jacket on a 3 inch minnow jigged off the bottom. It had wolfed it all the way to the lead head!

We fished from 7am - 1pm and landed only three fish. :wife: is frying them up as I type this.

Trev Curry recipie

Part one

cut trev fillets into large squares or cut the whole fish into 2 inch wide cutlets

sprinkle tumeric and salt and rub it into the skin and flesh

fry the fish untill the skin and dressing as golden and crispy

Just fried like this its perfect with :1beer:

Part two

brown some sliced onions, chopped chillies and crushed garlic in a 3 tablespoons of oil.

then addd 1 teaspoon of tumeric and 3 tablespoons of masala (ground coriander seeds)

fry till a little bit brown then add the prefried fish

add a can off coconut milk and half cup of water

simmer for a bit and dig in

this tastes fantastic if reheated the next day

Guest BBM Rick

G'day raiders

I went out today with George.S and his son Robbie for a plastic session for trevs. I arrived at the ramp on Fiji time like always :biggrin2: and was picked up by the boys. We headed over to mol point and proceeded to cast our arms off for very little result :(

Robbie got the first fish of the day, a nice 37cm trev which went hard

post-1888-1154253041_thumb.jpg

A little bit later he got stuck into what felt like another nice fish but when I pulled my camera out it became shy and dropped the jig. We stayed there untill we ran out of patience and moved over to the drums. I dragged in a 27cm trev there. with the wind and chop turning a bit foul we nosed around the runways for a bit and went back to mol point. Tried plastic after plastic and I finally got a small jacket on a 3 inch minnow jigged off the bottom. It had wolfed it all the way to the lead head!

We fished from 7am - 1pm and landed only three fish. :wife: is frying them up as I type this.

Trev Curry recipie

Part one

cut trev fillets into large squares or cut the whole fish into 2 inch wide cutlets

sprinkle tumeric and salt and rub it into the skin and flesh

fry the fish untill the skin and dressing as golden and crispy

Just fried like this its perfect with :1beer:

Part two

brown some sliced onions, chopped chillies and crushed garlic in a 3 tablespoons of oil.

then addd 1 teaspoon of tumeric and 3 tablespoons of masala (ground coriander seeds)

fry till a little bit brown then add the prefried fish

add a can off coconut milk and half cup of water

simmer for a bit and dig in

this tastes fantastic if reheated the next day

Great pic, CHECK OUT THAT SMILE!!! Way to go boys.

Rick.