Thanks For The Tow

veck

Dear Fishoes

I was out fishing in Botany Bay last Saturday. Headed to my spot near the heads, anchored and started to burley up. Not 30min later the wind picked up and I couldn’t find anchor so I decided to go somewhere shelted, I was also being blown out to sea. After spending some time trying to start my motor, which had flooded, I began to WORRY. Fortunately a fellow fisho came to my assistance and started to tow me back into the bay. Could have been dangerous, mobile was at home and I couldn't get any help from my UHF radio.

I didn’t get the name of the bloke who helped out but if your out there, many thanks.

It sure reinforces to me the importance of fishoes looking out for each other especially when in harms way.

Dear Fishoes

I was out fishing in Botany Bay last Saturday. Headed to my spot near the heads, anchored and started to burley up. Not 30min later the wind picked up and I couldn’t find anchor so I decided to go somewhere shelted, I was also being blown out to sea. After spending some time trying to start my motor, which had flooded, I began to WORRY. Fortunately a fellow fisho came to my assistance and started to tow me back into the bay. Could have been dangerous, mobile was at home and I couldn't get any help from my UHF radio.

I didn’t get the name of the bloke who helped out but if your out there, many thanks.

It sure reinforces to me the importance of fishoes looking out for each other especially when in harms way.

Seems like a lucky escape, i have also been helped out a few times and like to think there is alot of good people out in the world of power boating.

Dont forget the mobile next time

Situations like that can be a scary thing veck.

With the weather warming up & the boat covers coming off we have to think of the worse case scenario when things go wrong.

Once again I'd urge ALL boaties to give Dave at Sea Tow Botany a call.

The membership fee is very well priced & it could save your life.

So c'mon guys, give him a call!

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey guys

I had a similar experiance last weekend,I went down to the hawkesbury to break in the boat after I had finished my rebuild project.

Got down to Parsley bay around 6:00am very very foggy but I have lights installed so I thought no worries "I know the Hawkesbury"I remember thinking.The motor started after a coupe of pulls and everything seemed fine ,scooted of and away we go, great after about 15 minutes have no Idea where I am and am slightly concerned caiuse the sounder wich I remind you I have never used before keeps showing reel shallow water.I decide that we would stop and drift for a while and see if the fog lifted,the fog didn't lift :(

"throw the anchour out bro" came the call from capitain coollamon hmmmmm anchor doesnt seem to touch the bottom with all the rope out!!!

up's I get and try to start the motor.......nothing *@!! so after pulling for about 15 minutes my arm hanging out of its socket practically this guys pulls up next to me and asks if I need a hand he stayed for a couple of more pulls then he said I will tow you in .What sweet music to my ears.

I didnt realise how far we had gone cause it took nearly 35 minutes to get back

So thank you misterous stranger thank you indeed

p.s turned out to be an air lock in the fule line motor runs sweet now

Guest lbgking

A very belated (1997) thank you to stinkpot for towing me and a couple of mates in their brand new boat to safety. We were just outside his favourite hole at fingal Bay.

I still think he did it so he could fish in peace. ;)

Guest Sea Tow Botany

Dear Fishoes

G'day Veck

Glad you got some help out there Veck because a lot of people I rescue tell me people just don't stop to help.

These days people are so busy and some times only have 1 day in the week to get out and use their boats they don't want their day ruined by someone elses problem - sad but true.

I do get a lot of members being called over by boats broken down and they don't tow them, they give them my number.

Veck if you get out to the boat show come down to our stand and find out a bit more about our service, our boat show special is 15 months for the price of 12 - only $135.

Dave

Sea Tow Botany Bay

PS. Thanks Grant for the kind words