Jervis Bay

silky

Spent the last three days at Jervis Bay with the wife and boat.

Caravan park has its own boat ramp but its to shallow at low tide to put the boat in.

Decided to have a lash on the jetty. Told the wife I'm going to take this single bit of whitebait and catch you dinner. She said "Yeah sure you will".

I've been fishing in rivers with no lead lately and a clear float. Trace about 4 foot long.

After 5 mins I came back with a 45cm Dusky. No photo sorry. The wife told me to stop bragging and clean it for dinner.

That was as good as it got. I spent wednesday and going all over the bay wherever it was legal. Got two slimey mackerel. Nothing touched them. Just juvenile snapper and flatty which all went back of course.

Thursday was blown out pretty early. Not even a touch. Went back to the park. Moored the boat and went for a drive.

I think it's just to cold at the moment.

Cheers

Spent the last three days at Jervis Bay with the wife and boat.

Caravan park has its own boat ramp but its to shallow at low tide to put the boat in.

Decided to have a lash on the jetty. Told the wife I'm going to take this single bit of whitebait and catch you dinner. She said "Yeah sure you will".

I've been fishing in rivers with no lead lately and a clear float. Trace about 4 foot long.

After 5 mins I came back with a 45cm Dusky. No photo sorry. The wife told me to stop bragging and clean it for dinner.

That was as good as it got. I spent wednesday and going all over the bay wherever it was legal. Got two slimey mackerel. Nothing touched them. Just juvenile snapper and flatty which all went back of course.

Thursday was blown out pretty early. Not even a touch. Went back to the park. Moored the boat and went for a drive.

I think it's just to cold at the moment.

Cheers

Yep, too cold. We have been out about 8 times over the past 2 weeks for a couple of reddies and a couple of flatties. Mainly just been getting heaps of small stuff and heaps of garbage - red rockies, pike, small wrasse and nannygai. Pretty sure it's just too cold down here on the south coast!

Better luck next time mate. Can't wait till summer!! :yahoo:

Stallo