Breamin At The Bay

Guest madsmc

Guest madsmc

Headed up to Port Stephens today for the $%^&* meeting, and managed a quick SP session at the marina before the meeting began at 11am. Things were fairly slow to begin with, with only a few tentative hits. When the tidal flow began to ease from "full on" the bream came on the chew, with three good fish landed in the space of about 20 mins.

First off was a nice 34cm model, which put on a pretty good scrap after smashing the plastic on the drop. That set a new PB for me, so I was a happy camper. :biggrin2:

That was followed shortly after by a smaller bream of 28cm.

I was putting in a few "last casts" before heading off to the RSL, when once again the plastic got belted on the drop. I set the hook, and proceeded to battle a lovely 35cm chunker. After a few spirited runs I thought I had it beat, but my first net shot was greeted by a last ditch effort for freedom. Eventually I steered the bream up and away from the submerged rocks it was going for and slipped the net under yet another new PB bream for the day. :yahoo:

It's been a while since I've ventured up to the bay for a fish, but with this quality of shore based breaming I'll be heading back again very soon. They certainly fight hard for their size, and are some of the chunkiest bream I've encountered anywhere.

Lure of choice today was the three inch Atomic Jerk Minnow in Pearl White/Light Blue.

Shane

Guest madsmc

Cheers fellas. I'm itching to go back up there for another crack at the bay bream. :drool: With any luck I won't have to wait too long.

Shane