Sydney Rod Builders Club

Guest Target

OK then, once again we have the monthly meeting of the Sydney Rod Builders Club coming up.

I've been a bit busy, and slack, so havent put alot of thought into topics for this meet.... So would welcome suggestions as to topics for the night.

In the last few meetings we have been going back over basics as we have had some new members, plus its great to be able to see how others do the simple things and pick up tips. Or simply bring along your latest creations so that other people can see the good stuff.

Also trying to get hold of the Loomis Video showing the building process of a rod blank... no promises though.

It seems like theres a few avid guys out there, so come along and meet up, have a good chat.

Time: 7pm on

Date: 20n October 2004

Cost: a few bucks to cover room hire

Normally there is details on the Visual Wrap Bulletin board but right now it seems to be down. Visual Wrap

Hope to see you guys there.

Adrian

Edited by Target

Mark

Everyone is more than welcome to come along - the more the merrier :happy: :happy: :happy:

Dave Boyle set up the club two years ago for the simple reason of getting like people together to swap ideas, learn from each other, and help to teach others how to build rods. We have a few regulars from Day one such as Allen Glover and myself, a few guys have moved away for work, such as Dave, and we have other guys there that have only been to the last few meetings. Were a pretty relaxed bunch and the meetings are freeform, so if you ask questions, theres more than enough people to help you out and give tips.

The otehr good thing is looking at the blanks/rods that other people have built up, and getting a feel for rods that you just dont see in the shops. If you are thinking about a new rod, post your ideas up here, and a other people can bring along what rods they have made for that task.

Hope to see you there

Adrian

Guest bluecod

Adrian,

This month is a bit tricky for me - crap going on at work and a few other issues building up may mean I can't get there this time round. If you see my ugly mug on the night that will mean I made it.

I'll be there in spirit if not in body... :P Hope you can get the video.

Those epoxy tests sticks we did a while ago are sitting on my backyard awning copping >40 degree heat and intense sun on a daily basis. Will keep you posted as to which holds up best out of Erskines, Envirotex & LS Supreme

:nana: