First Flick @ Ic

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

As promised here is the report of my first ever SP session. Arrived at IC at about 3pm and it was bloody windy :1badmood:

Undetered i rigged up a pumpinseed 2" grub on a 1/16 jig. The tide looked pretty high so i aimed my first ever cast on the edge of a rock ledge, almost instantly i snag up, but luckily i am able to wade out and unhook her. Rocky bootom makes it hard to detect between strikes and jig movement, and sometimes i feel as i am getting hits but not hooking up. Move up to a section of sand dispersed with rocks and cast just on the edge of the shade caused by a big tree. Almost instantly the plastic is attacked :1prop: but they seem to be pretty small, probably toads :thumbdown:

Then whack, i strike but miss the fish, the grub tail is gone so i rig up a new one. Same spot and as the plastic is floating to the bottom it is whacked again, now i feel weight and have my first fish on plastic :biggrin2::biggrin2:

He is an average size flatty 25-30cm but fights like he is posessed!!. After i unhook him he practically jumps out of the rockpool and back into the ocean without any help, one angry little flatty!!

After 1.5 hours i have got to get back to uni.

Cheers

BM