Lunchtime Fix @ Lcr

Bream Mad

Quick flick close to my work on LCR. Started out with 2" grub and first cast lost the tail, felt like a bream bite.

Rig rigged and slowed down the retrieve using the current to move the plastic around. Soon i was having hits but again failed to hook up. Cast into the deep hole and felt a solid bump, but no hookup. Finally i feel another take and this time weight :thumbup:

The fish fights pretty hard for it's size and soon i slide up my second ever SP fish, a flattie about 40cm.

I continue fishing hard as time is running out again missing at least four more takes. I them change to a 4" squidgy wriggler and throw out my last cast. Towards the end of the retrieve i quickin it up and at my feet a good flatty just nails it. He takes some drag and after a lot of head shaking i slide him up. He is 50cm and solid :yahoo:

I am stoked, starting to get the hang of it, though no Bream as yet

BM

Quick flick close to my work on LCR. Started out with 2" grub and first cast lost the tail, felt like a bream bite.

Rig rigged and slowed down the retrieve using the current to move the plastic around. Soon i was having hits but again failed to hook up. Cast into the deep hole and felt a solid bump, but no hookup. Finally i feel another take and this time weight :thumbup:

The fish fights pretty hard for it's size and soon i slide up my second ever SP fish, a flattie about 40cm.

I continue fishing hard as time is running out again missing at least four more takes. I them change to a 4" squidgy wriggler and throw out my last cast. Towards the end of the retrieve i quickin it up and at my feet a good flatty just nails it. He takes some drag and after a lot of head shaking i slide him up. He is 50cm and solid :yahoo:

I am stoked, starting to get the hang of it, though no Bream as yet

BM

Great fun little session.

I was there last week for a 2 hour morning session 6-8am on the bar @ dead low tide. Managed a small lizard, a chopper tailor and got dusted on a 6lb leader after a 2 minute battle - felt like a decent bream.

Keep pluggin away - the bream will respond - in between working the lure eratically make sure you pause and let the lure sit on the bottom - I have found that bream will smash it on the drop after a cast OR hit it soon after the lure sits stationary following a rod lift / jerk.

I am no bream expert by any means but seem to manage my fair share of them when out fishing.

Well done on your firsts mate. :thumbup:

One tip I'd give a newbie who wants to catch Bream is to slow your retrieve down heaps. Fish light jigheads & use a stop start retrieve with lots of pauses. When you think your retrieve is slow enough slow it down even more. A sure sign that your retrieve is too fast is when you only get Flatties.

Good luck mate & we are looking forward to your reports in the future. There are a whole lot of Raiders who catch plenty of fish on plastics from the shore & are more than willing to share spots & info. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.