Rock Fishing

insolent

Went to Kurnell Sunday 28/08/2006 had a look at the rocks but decided the swell was a little on the rough side for us to fish, where we were fishing a couple of weeks ago was being swamped. There was somebody fishing a bit further north, no worries as a lot of people are more game rock hopping than me.

What disturbed me is the guy turned his back to the ocean as he was rebaiting or rigging and he was fishing by himself, as no one else was around if he went in nobody would know possibly for hours. If you're rockfishing be careful, I've had a couple of close calls and am very cautious these days.

Went to Kurnell Sunday 28/08/2006 had a look at the rocks but decided the swell was a little on the rough side for us to fish, where we were fishing a couple of weeks ago was being swamped. There was somebody fishing a bit further north, no worries as a lot of people are more game rock hopping than me.

What disturbed me is the guy turned his back to the ocean as he was rebaiting or rigging and he was fishing by himself, as no one else was around if he went in nobody would know possibly for hours. If you're rockfishing be careful, I've had a couple of close calls and am very cautious these days.

I remember as a young fellow going fishing with my old man off the rocks at Garey beach (not sure the spelling, but down bundeena way) used to catch some massive Salmon or Tuna? (i was a young fellow dont remember much) But i do remember grabbing my old man's hand as he got hit by a wave and almost got washed off the rocks, and most of you know the rocks im talking about (a good 2km walk from the beach) he would of been finished, lucky for him i was 6 foot and 85kg at 12yrs old and hung on to him hahaha

But in the typical our friends fashion he still worse those dodgy thongs and no safety gear when fishing off rocks and much like this bloke at kurnell more concerned with his line than keeping an eye on his footing or the waves coming in.. ill never forget that! So becareful off the rocks guys and if you have kids set a good example, not like my old man hahahaha :beersmile: