Penn Accord

swansea_fisho

Gday fellas,

With fathers day coming up my old boys looking for a new spin stick and threadline reel for Sambos etc.

I was looking at a Penn Accord 5 or 6000 with a Penn powerstick pro 3-5 kilo. What do you blokes and gals reckon, worth purchasing ??? and any feedback on the accords would be great too :biggrin2:

Cheers Steve

Gday fellas,

With fathers day coming up my old boys looking for a new spin stick and threadline reel for Sambos etc.

I was looking at a Penn Accord 5 or 6000 with a Penn powerstick pro 3-5 kilo. What do you blokes and gals reckon, worth purchasing ??? and any feedback on the accords would be great too :biggrin2:

Cheers Steve

Common fellas the reels don't look that shotty hehe, someone's bound to of used one once atleast even if its bad feedback plzzz lol, planning to pick it up for him this arvo

Steve

Gday fellas,

Cheers Steve

Never used either rod or reel, but I would have thought a 5000 or 6000 reel would be far too big for a 3 - 5 kg stick. You'd be spooling up the 6000 with at least 15 - 20 lb line, probably heavier if using braid.

The rod would probably be fine for Sambos, but I'd be matching it with a 3000 size reel. Alternatively fish a little heavier, with a 4 - 7 kg stick and 4000 reel.

Just my $0.02.