Any Help With Yamba

ianoc69

I am booked for a 7 night stay in Yamba, NSW on the Clarence River for October 8th through 16th.

Can anybody PM or reply with any tips or help as to land based SP fishing in the area.

I would like to take a flcik stick and some lures along to head out for a few early morning and late arvo sessions during my stay.

What are the best target species in the area and if there is any tips on lure selection it would be greatly appreciated.

Never been there or stayed there before.

I am booked for a 7 night stay in Yamba, NSW on the Clarence River for October 8th through 16th.

Can anybody PM or reply with any tips or help as to land based SP fishing in the area.

I would like to take a flcik stick and some lures along to head out for a few early morning and late arvo sessions during my stay.

What are the best target species in the area and if there is any tips on lure selection it would be greatly appreciated.

Never been there or stayed there before.

Ahhh Yamba what a great place,

Mate spent two wonderful weeks up there a few Easters ago. Palmers Island in the Clarence great spot to flick a few Soft plastics at some flatties, Turkeys wall( correct we if I'm wrong with the name :1prop: ) According to the locals you can get some big Jewies using soft plastics. Casting off the shore into Thorny Island for Bream mate, tried there top bream spot, landed one fish well over the 40cm mark :yahoo:

Steve

Turkeys wall, place. Right near Iluka, if that helps lol

Mate I am going up to Iluka next week, witch is across the river plan to do a bit s/p fishing

so will let you know how I go, will be away for a couple of weeks hope the weather stays good

If there is any Raiders up that way can give me some info that would be great

:1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Mate I am going up to Iluka next week, witch is across the river plan to do a bit s/p fishing

so will let you know how I go, will be away for a couple of weeks hope the weather stays good

If there is any Raiders up that way can give me some info that would be great

:1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Thanks Buster 1.

I wish you all the success in finding some nice fish during your stay.

Fingers crossed that you get / find some good spots. I hope you can share them in detail after your visit.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest danielinbyron

Never fished yamba as i live north of there and that would involve driving past illuka and the bluff... bunjalong country...kingies and blue fin off rocks , pigs jew and tailor... flatties off beach and river...mmmmmmm Illuka..Trying to convince the big boss :wife: we should buy a house there .. Of course there is nothing there at all besides fishing and surf and national park.. but hey it'll grow in time.