Where To Go

mitch

G'day raiders,

Well the girl wants m to take her away fishing for a weekend and i'm looking for some ideas on where to go. Being a crazy bream fisherman if I had it my way the boat would be on the back and i'd be straight into the racks at forster or down south but I'm thinking this might not be the best idea. Although she does want to flick placcies for bream and jew so that's pretty good.

I'm thinking heading North of Sydney so any ideas of a nice place is much apreciated. Actually i'll probably leave the boat at home and just have a relaxing land based flick and a few brews too

Cheers,

mitch

Based on those requirements Mitch, I'd find it hard to go past Port Stephens. Not too far to travel from Sydney for a weekend trip, and plenty of quality places to stay, eat and drink.

I've heard reports that the bream are firing up there at the moment. I had a good land based SP session on the bream up there recently (report), so you should be able to find a few fish land based without too much drama. The marina breakwall is a good starting point, and there are plenty of shallow bays that would be worth a wading session or two. If you do end up taking the boat up then you'll have a lot more options available, including the racks.

Good luck with it mate, hope you end up having a good trip away.

Shane