Sydney Harbour Saturday

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders ,

Just a quick report on a wonderful day out on the Harbour with Hassar 480 ( Albert ) .

The original plan was my daughter and I going out in my boat to wet a line , but due to illness , she elected to stay at home . So , i asked the :wife: if she would like a day out on the water , the response was a resounding YES! Packed up the boat , ran through the checklist ( credit card , bait , boat keys , boat ) , and just time for one last check of the Fishraider forum , and to my surprise , there was a PM from Albert , asking what I was doing for the day. "Taking the child bride out for a day on the water " says I , and Albert , true gentleman that he is , offered the use of his lovely vessel for a day of fishing on our wonderful harbour.

Now , call me silly if you will , but going out in a brand new boat , with lots of room for fishing type stuff , the :wife: , and a great bloke like Albert , as opposed to my little 30 year old boat ( that I love dearly ) wasnt exactly a hard choice to make !!! :biggrin2:

I arranged to meet Albert at 0830 at his place ( about a 2 minute drive , how good is that ?) , so that left a bit of time to hit the Flightmanager Preferred tackle Shop ( Wattos , official Sponsor , Ph 0416 203 507 , ladies served , ) for a little bit of extra bait , and some other "essential " stuff ( scissors , swivels etc ) . Thanks for the tips Sean , those new prawns are definately the go !! ( but more on that later ! )

Arrived at Alberts , loaded up the car with all the gear ( ya need to take some extra stuff when ya have the :wife: on board !) and headed off to the Silverwater ramp ( via the boat shop for some 2 stroke oil) .

Put the boat into the water , and while the 2 men did important fisho type stuff ( rigging , BSing etc ) gave the helm to Mrsflightmanager , who navigated our proud vessel through the Parramatta River to Sydney Harbour.

CathMedium.jpg

As usual , once we had passed underneath the Harbour Bridge , out went the lures , and we made a leisurely track towards the heads , all the while dodging ferries , jet boats and those bloody :ranting2: yachties ! Captain Mrsflightmanager handled this task with aplomb ( and she did really well too !) , adn soon we were beyond the heads , and heading south towards Bondi.

Cath2Medium.jpg

Sad to say , but there was very little activity ( read no) fish activity , so we decided to head back towards Balmoral , still nothing , so on to Clontarf for a break and a quick cuppa.

After a quick tactical discussion , we headed towards Sow and Pigs , not much happening there , then on to Clifton Gardens ( slightly better , but nothing landed ) , and finally , a slow drift around Clark Island.

We burleyed pretty heavily , and cast out our lines , Mrsflightmanager ( Cath ) was the first to get a hit , a small Snapper :

Cath3Medium.jpg

( note Sponsors Cap!) Her first fish on her new rod !!!

Next to get a hit was me , with a nice flounder ( no pic , sorry , ran out of memory on the phonecam ) .

Albert then came to life with a couple of small Snapper , which were returned to fight another day .

Time for the return trip , via Pier One to pick up #1 Son , so while we were waiting , Albert and I headed over to Luna Park for a bit of a troll , no fish , but by the living Harry the weddings !!! Every available patch of dry land seemed to be populated by men in suits , brides in white , and other ladies in the most shocking coloured dresses ! :1yikes:

Nothing happening fishwise , so we headed off towards the setting sun , trailered the boat , and called it a day .

Once again , my most heartfelt thanks to Albert for his generosity , humour and great company. Cath and I thoroughly enjoyed our day on the Harbour , and we look forward to doing it all again soon !!

Ross

Saturday morning dawned all too early, I had only gotten out of bed to make sure that the husband and daughter had all they required for a fun day of fishing, and lo and behold, the minister for war ( thats me ) is heading out on the water.

Thanks to Albert for a terrific day on the water, and it was really nice to meet Sean from Watto's as well.

Cath :wife:

Edited by Littleface