Great Weekend At Botany Bay

newatthegame

Went out Saturday Afternoon with a couple of mates to Botany Bay. It was such a great day. We started out just drifting with bait but we only managed to catch small bream and what looked like red bream (guessing small snapper??). We then changed position and were amongst some flathead, taking the drifted bait well. My mates thought i was mad for switching to soft plastics with the old prawns working well with both of them catching nice size flatheads. On my first cast with the plastic i pullied in a 44cm flattie. As we were drifting i hooked onto a another feeling much much bigger, but was shattered when he (or should i say she!) spat the hook half way into the fight. A couple of drifts later i hooked another smaller one. I have attched some pics of the day with the best sized flathead.

post-2194-1157370136_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1157370149_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1157370163_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1157370175_thumb.jpg

Not being satisfied a went to H&C bay after work for half an hour and hooked my biggest bream so far. You certanly feel the difference. It was actually fighting me on the light gear. I was so excitied. Probably nothing compared to some of the bream on the forum caught by the more experience guys but to me it was like a marlin :074:

Thanks for all the guys who have helped me so far. I am sure more stupid questions are to come.

I am out of attachment space so i will attach the bream pic to a new post

Thanks

Some nice fish there mate, and that bream in your other post is a very respectable fish. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the guys who have helped me so far. I am sure more stupid questions are to come.

There's no such thing a a stupid question. :biggrin2: The only person who thinks a question is stupid, is the person who has forgotten what it was like to learn in the first place.

Nice effort there mate, looking forward to future reports. :thumbup:

Shane

Some nice fish there mate, and that bream in your other post is a very respectable fish. :thumbup:

There's no such thing a a stupid question. :biggrin2: The only person who thinks a question is stupid, is the person who has forgotten what it was like to learn in the first place.

Nice effort there mate, looking forward to future reports. :thumbup:

Shane

Hi Shane

Being a Newie boy (Cardiff) where are the best place to go land based throwing soft plstics around? I lived in Newie while at uni for 4 years so i know the area pretty well. I have been in the harbour and around Swansea with bait and manged to ctach small fish only.