Plano Rod Tubes

wirlez

I'll be taking a few rods back with me to Vanuatu and I will need some protection for them :biggrin2:

So I've looked around and the Plano 4588 extendable Rod Tube seem to be what I'm looking for, matter is who stocks them in Sydney area and for how much (generally)?

Plano 4588 info

Then again I can always just get a peice of 4" pvc =\

Edited by wirlez

The rod tubes by JW sold at the store that we dont mention are pretty good and not much more than the cost of components if you made it yourself.

One got my Loomis's to Darwin and back with no probs!!!

The rod tubes by JW sold at the store that we dont mention are pretty good and not much more than the cost of components if you made it yourself.

One got my Loomis's to Darwin and back with no probs!!!

Hmm i'll look into that, even though its a bit of a drive up.

Any idea on how many rods they hold?

Its cheaper to buy a piece of PVC pipe and two end caps (I recommend screw caps) and make your own. You can even pop rivet a handle on if you want to. Also a tip get two cheap car washing sponges and squash them in the ends which will stop the rods rattling around.

At $30 for the bought one I think that you will find the price difference is very little.

Best of all you just pick it up off the shelf and it looks the part too.......... no messing about with fabrication!

Although if you have size requirements outside the range you will have to build your own.

I will be looking for a size to fit 5-6 rods, 6-7ft long, extendable would be ideal.

Sean

How many rods will they be able to hold, and what type of construction is it made from? fabricated tube or that solid looking plastic?

Reason being is that I know what the baggage handlers are like over there, so the sturdier the better :thumbup: