Monday Rdo

tuffy

Other member Sparky called me about 11am yesterday to see what I was up to. We were going to take his boat out initially to Long Reef or thereabouts, but that fell into the category of "can't be bothered". He came over to have a look at some fishing gear I recently bought, some of which will be sold, and said to me that he bought a fishing rod with him and we should do a bit of land based for a change. Went to a spot in Hunters Hill that we used to fish before we had boats. Set 4 x 7" rods out with squid and servo prawns. About 30 mins into this his rod went off resulting in a magnificent Trev of about 45cms - good fish. About 10 mins later in came another smaller, about 26cms and about 20 mins after that a third to about 40cms - all in the Lane Cove River !!! We have previously caught flatty's, bream and blue swimmers at this spot, but this is a first for Trev's and big ones at that. He also landed a throwback pinkie. Arsy bugger caught all the fish with me producing a duck. Interestingly we noticed that at this particular spot that the green weed had grown back and the rocks were housing very large oysters - a sure sign that the system has become healthy again.

Back to my place by 5.30 with a fresh carton and a feed. He caught, I cooked, both drank!!Sometimes you just want to go fishing without the hassle of towing, fueling,launching and cleaning and just have a relaxing arvo. Thanks, Sparky, for the feed and the company.