Fish/depth Finder Help

troyjm310

Hey guys

first poster here

got no where else to ask

ive bought a small tinnie and also a depth finder today But idiot me didnt look right into it :(

due to the motor only being a 3hp needing no battery

how can i hook my Garmin 90 up with no battery

is there someway i can use a 9v battery or something similar to it so i dont need to lug a big ass battery in a boat that has no space for one ??

thanks in advance

Troy :)

Hey guys

first poster here

got no where else to ask

ive bought a small tinnie and also a depth finder today But idiot me didnt look right into it :(

due to the motor only being a 3hp needing no battery

how can i hook my Garmin 90 up with no battery

is there someway i can use a 9v battery or something similar to it so i dont need to lug a big ass battery in a boat that has no space for one ??

thanks in advance

Troy :)

Mate - try calling "Battery World" see what they suggest.

Or , if space is a problem , how about a motorcycle battery? You would have to charge it up before each trip , but I do that with my batteries anyway!

Ross

Motorbike batteries are excellent and if you want you could also go to the smaller gel-cell or calcium batteries which cant spill or leak if knocked. Best bang for buck= m/cycle battery.

GT

thanks guys

yeh went to Bias earlier today and bought a small one for like $50 with a charger so all is good now

its a bit smaller than a bike battery so not to much space consumption

now i just need to mount the fish finder and make a mount up for the battery.. going to mount it under a seat so its out of the way and off the floor

Yorto,

I used to use two six volt lantern batteries run together for my hummin bird sounder.

Just wire them up pos to neg then hook your sounder up to the other pos and neg terminals. Sounders dont use much power. I ran the same batteries for about two weeks while I was on holidays and they still had life, just run some tape around them to keep them together.This will get you out of trouble until you sort out something else.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

didnt think of that

but yeh ive allready bought the battery its small easy to put it under the seat or mount it in the corner somewhere next to a fuel can so all is good

just will have to charge it up every time i go out as its only going to be running the fish finder and maybe some nav lights later down the track so all is good

thanks for the reply tho ;)