Luring In Hc 16/9/06

crystalliser

G'day raiders. Went to HC this mid arvo to do some luring for the run out. The wind was quite strong and so gave HB'ing a go instead. Attached a new SX48 and after couple of cranks later up came a not-so-good-fight 38cm flattie:

post-283-1158412187_thumb.jpg post-283-1158412194_thumb.jpg

Not bad for this expensive lure getting it's first fish after several outings. :wacko: Then came a stupid principle that tells me to change lures after a hookup. Ok, then next up in line was 'goldie'. Walked down the stretch with goldie for quite sometime without a touch. :thumbdown: Then on a particular cast that went quite far out, a few cranks it had a solid knock and I was on. Took a very short drag and that was it, started pulling in this plastic bag and guess what this plastic bag was...?? My HC-pb bream of 38cm:

post-283-1158412665_thumb.jpg post-283-1158412671_thumb.jpg

Maybe they don't like to run much in spring? :tease: Anyway, next lure to climb onboard was 'pinkie'. Moved further along the stretch till I got another 27cm bream on a far cast as well. This fish took in the size 12 treble full on, took some time to free the bugger.

post-283-1158412903_thumb.jpg

Had tried couple of other HBs but to no avail. Then came sp'ing time. Tied on a watermelon bm and on the 1st cast, got a hookup to my most memorable flattie fight. This 40+cm freak went ballistic, ran my drag for about 4-5secs and not doing only once but around 5-6 times! :thumbup: Definitely earned my respect, could recall my hands were shaking when releasing this bugger. :074: After her release, I casted back into the same spot and it was taken on the drop. The spool went for a good run and that was it, another plastic bag equivalent came in as a 34cm bream:

post-283-1158413321_thumb.jpg post-283-1158413328_thumb.jpg

Caught another flattie on the same spot yet again and 3 consecutive casts yielded 3 fishes, how good is that. Managed a few more small breams and flatties before pulling the plug right after dark. All in all it was a good session, more importantly I encountered a 40+cm freak flattie! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Ronald