Flounder

kbark

i just had a pretty good session wading through the lake...several undersized flatties, a couple of bream and a flounder?! fishing a sandy ledge i picked up a 30 cm flounder. sorry, no photo...i was a couple of hundred meters from shore (with no net) i clumsily dropped him trying to get the hook out. anyone else caught flounder on sps? i imagine i'm not the first but it's the first for me.

flattieman...where have all the good sized lizards gone during the winter? all my usually lake spots are holding smaller ones. deep channels?

Mate I have caught heaps of them in lake macquarie on SP's.The fun thing about them is I've got a few on the surface after they have followed the lure all the way to the boat,great visual hook ups.For a fish that hasn't got much weight behind them,they go like the clappers when hooked.

JOHNNO

flattieman...where have all the good sized lizards gone during the winter? all my usually lake spots are holding smaller ones. deep channels?

Hi mate, bigger flatties seem to "shut down" in winter as it's not their peak breeding season. Many decide to bask in places of warmth at these times... mud flats, rock bars etc. etc. I'm not sure about deep channels. Hope this helps,

Flattieman.

Great stuff with the flounder. Thats something I've been periodically trying to do for some time. I know there are plenty of flounder where I try as I've seen them and even caught them in an aquarium net when doing squid collecting dives but as yet no luck in catching them.

Cheers

col.