Meander 18-19/9

wrasseman

Hi all,

Just another trout report. I headed out to the meander river after work yesterday, but ended up doing very little fishing after finding a sheep that was having a very hard time giving birth and consequently heading back to the car to find the land owner and let them know. I only managed a couple of follows and hits after this stuffing around before I lost the light.

I headed back this evening to see if the sheep had made it (I assume it had as it wasn't lying dead where I saw it yesterday) and then went for a bit of a fish. My first hookup wasn't long in coming but the little bugger jumped about 2ft in the air and crashed head first into the vertical river bank throwing the hook in the process - bet he had the headache from hell. I also pulled the hooks on the next one though in less spectacular fashion. As darkness fell I finally managed to stay connected to a nice little trout of about 40cm and then in nearly full dark a couple of casts later I picked up another smaller fish at 34cm.

Cheers

col.

post-1831-1158659450_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1158659513_thumb.jpg

My first hookup wasn't long in coming but the little bugger jumped about 2ft in the air and crashed head first into the vertical river bank throwing the hook in the process - bet he had the headache from hell.

:1wallbash: OUCH!!! That's one helluva way for a kamikaze trout. Shame about the thrown hook. :thumbdown: Well done yet again col. :thumbup:

Cheers

Ronald