The Lane Cove River Monster Strikes Again

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

Here is my latest adventure at lunchtime today. Got to my usual lunchtime spot to catch the last of the run out tide. Rigged up a gama 1/16 jig with a 3" Gulp fry in watermelon. Not sure why i chose this particular plastic just seemed like a good idea. Cast about 1/3 of the way across the river at 45 to the current and let the plastic settle down when whack!! :1yikes: the monster just hammers the plastic and takes of upstream with no respect for my heavy drag setting :yahoo::1yikes:

I was running out of line but then he stops and i start to get stuck into him, then he takes of again another fast run and my drag is singing that sweet sound :biggrin2:

I am gradually winning this fight mostly due to the fact he is running against the current?

Still i don't see him but he is getting closer when just like that the line goes slack and he is no longer attached :(:(:(

Felt just like he opened his mouth and spat out the hook :05:

Oh well the monster lives to fight another day

Don't know it has been that long since i caught a jew i can't remember how they fight.

All I know is he hit hard and ran fast and deep, maybe a big bream???

Having caught probably 20-30 fish on that drag setting and barely hearing a whisper, when the drag goes nuts it certainly gets your attention!!! :1yikes: specially on you first cast :biggrin2:

BM