Tilt And Trim

hustler57

hey fellow :1fishing1:

i have a problem which isn't unusual..

my tilt system is leaking hydro oil from around one of the rods at the bottom. which means i gotta replace the little rubber seal .. i just came back from the parts shop and got 2 new little rubber seals and some hyrolic oil but i wasn going to pay $96 for the special tool to undo the top of the cylinder so i could replace the rubber o ring.. does any 1 have 1 of those special tools i could borrow for about an hour or please tell me how to make 1 of those tools ??? im in roselands ????

hey fellow :1fishing1:

i have a problem which isn't unusual..

my tilt system is leaking hydro oil from around one of the rods at the bottom. which means i gotta replace the little rubber seal .. i just came back from the parts shop and got 2 new little rubber seals and some hyrolic oil but i wasn going to pay $96 for the special tool to undo the top of the cylinder so i could replace the rubber o ring.. does any 1 have 1 of those special tools i could borrow for about an hour or please tell me how to make 1 of those tools ??? im in roselands ????

Hustler

Get a short length of flat ali or steel...inch wide or so, foot long and two 3/4 inch bolts and nuts no thicker than the holes in the top plate..measure the distance to the centre of the holes and drill two holes in the bar. put the nut and bolts thru the holes and you should have a flat bar with two stubs. the end cap should'nt be that tight and this should do the trick...don't let it slip! if it is too tight for this you might havr to beg/borrow/steal the proper tool.

let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisg

:yahoo::074::074:

great idea but while using the tool i would no doubt scratch or mark it in some way and im pretty sure the dealer wouldnt give me a refund for something that already had been used. ... and im not going to pay almost a $100 for a tool which i may use maybe once or trice