Gulp

caine

i have had some great sucess using gulp sand worms

can anyone recommend other sp's to use be they in the gulp range or not

also you might find it interesting that i heard a rumour that gulp might not be able to import into australia cause it contains animal products. does anyone know if this is true....i just fell in love with the stuff.

I reckon the Berkley 3 inch Bass/Power minnow in pearl - watermelon colour is the best Bream catcher I've ever seen. I'm sure there would be plenty of others who'd agree.

All of the other colours work at certain times.

The best thing with them is that there aren't many fish that don't eat them, so you never know what's going to hit your presentation.

Give 'em a go. You won't regret it!

Cheers,

Grant.

Try 3in gulp minnows in smelt, pumpkinseed & watermelon 3in fry, and 2in minnowgrubs in pumpkinseed.

But as Grant said don't forget the berkley range, Bass minnows in pumpkinseed, pearl watermelon, 2in hawgs in pearl watermelon and 2in poo eaters.

As for problems in importing, i know that people importing them have had problems in customs, but as far as i know this is just when there brought in personally not commercially.

Also i think their starch based

Hope this helps

Dan

what are u using them for bro .. there is a few different ways to present them.???

I use them mainly for bream but have caught lots of flatties, flounder, whiting, trevally, bass, e.p's, tailor, salmon, kings & jew with them to name a few!

How you present them depends on what you're targeting. You can slow roll & twitch for bream, whip for flatties, keep them high up or flat stick them for pelagics or jerk them for jew. The 4 inch versions are tops for jewies.

The gulps that Dan mentioned work the same way. I just find that the rubbish fish & tiddlers trash the gulps quick smart!

Cheers,

Grant.

ive been using the gulp 2"shrimp for a fair bit of my bream fishing lately, they seem to be stronger than the 3"minnows, i caught over 20 pike on the same shrimp before i got bitten off by something bigger :mad3: and it was still fine before that. oh and the bream seem to have a fondness for them as well :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think GULP has great products, but I will never not go with the real thing.

Gulp is part of the berkley line up

Im new to fishing with plastics, actually caught my first fish on them today (leather jacket), how do you choose the right weight/size jig head?

Guest IFishSick.

Gulp is part of the berkley line up

Im new to fishing with plastics, actually caught my first fish on them today (leather jacket), how do you choose the right weight/size jig head?

You would go with the heavy jig heads in deep water, and large hooks with large lures. If you are going for leatheries I would suggest a medium head and a small hook.

i was actually targeting flaties - its just that i caught a leather jacket, i went to bobbin head, using gulp 3inch bass minows - jig head 1/16th with 1/0 hook

have difficulty casting light weights - using shimano calius baitcaster - need more practice time

ditto all the above. The new Berkley new penny 2 inch shrimp has been my main softie of choice

over the last month. It's caught everything from flatties, bream, trevs, whiting, soapies and a heap

of Pike in the last few weeks. Still the 3 inch minnows always find their way on at sometime during a

session.

Here's a pic of my biggest flattie caught and released over the weekend caught on the above new

penny 2 inch shrimp pattern. I still have a soft spot for the 3 inch evil minnow pattern as well.

post-1897-1160372145_thumb.jpg

ditto all the above. The new Berkley new penny 2 inch shrimp has been my main softie of choice

over the last month. It's caught everything from flatties, bream, trevs, whiting, soapies and a heap

of Pike in the last few weeks. Still the 3 inch minnows always find their way on at sometime during a

session.

Here's a pic of my biggest flattie caught and released over the weekend caught on the above new

penny 2 inch shrimp pattern. I still have a soft spot for the 3 inch evil minnow pattern as well.

How do you fish the 2" shrimp? It doesn't have much inherent action.

How do you fish the 2" shrimp? It doesn't have much inherent action.

Howdy Dave... I fish the shrimp using the smaller resin squidgy resin heads and the tiny Gamatsku jig

heads 1/32 ounce or (1/64??). They're pretty small anyway. I use agonisingly slow tweaks, small twitches and lifts...... everything is scaled down to slow,slow motions and tiny movements. Tedious yes but it works.

There is bugger all belly in the gelspun and I try to impart these small movements with the rod tip.

There is also enough of the tail to create a bit of life and flick like the real Mccoy. I generally fish these in

the river at the top of the tide or the bottom or anywhere there are some good eddies or structure breaking

the flow.

I marched into Mo's the other day to buy another swag of them but they were all sold out :mad3::mad3:

They've got the next size up as well as some pretty nifty looking 6 inch versions that I'll give the jewies a

whirl on soon. I also forgot.... I scale down my leader size as well for the smaller presentations.

Judging by some of the quality flatties on the forum it's going to be a bumper season for the flatties.

Howdy Dave... I fish the shrimp using the smaller resin squidgy resin heads and the tiny Gamatsku jig

heads 1/32 ounce or (1/64??). They're pretty small anyway. I use agonisingly slow tweaks, small twitches and lifts...... everything is scaled down to slow,slow motions and tiny movements. Tedious yes but it works.

There is bugger all belly in the gelspun and I try to impart these small movements with the rod tip.

There is also enough of the tail to create a bit of life and flick like the real Mccoy. I generally fish these in

the river at the top of the tide or the bottom or anywhere there are some good eddies or structure breaking

the flow.

I marched into Mo's the other day to buy another swag of them but they were all sold out :mad3::mad3:

They've got the next size up as well as some pretty nifty looking 6 inch versions that I'll give the jewies a

whirl on soon. I also forgot.... I scale down my leader size as well for the smaller presentations.

Judging by some of the quality flatties on the forum it's going to be a bumper season for the flatties.

Thanks mate - that's fantastic information.

cheers,

dave

I think GULP has great products, but I will never not go with the real thing.

coke?

:tease: