Sunday Charter

Talechaser

joined up with my brother in law and his mates on a charter out of cronulla with bianca charters,took a right out of the heads and headed down to stanwell park about 5mls off shore. first drift saw us boat some nice snapper to 45cms until a 5min period where the 2 fish of the day come in. 2 snapper 1 3.5kg and the other 3.25kg both with the biggest bumps ive ever seen, i mean they looked deformed.

from there went to garie as the wind was picking up and nailed about 10 flatties to 70cm and the ever present leather jackets. got to the stage that the baits were being taken before hittting the bottom in most cases. even tried leather jacket fillets with the skin on as bait but they went just as quick, and 50 lb braid is string when these guys chomp it.

anyway end of a good day a whale started to play close to us slamming his tail and flippers down awesome sight for about 10mins.

one last thing does anyone know where to get a good cheap "charter special" reel by shimano as the shimano overhead ive got is a 6:1 retrieve and is a pain to use deep sea

cheers steve

joined up with my brother in law and his mates on a charter out of cronulla with bianca charters,took a right out of the heads and headed down to stanwell park about 5mls off shore. first drift saw us boat some nice snapper to 45cms until a 5min period where the 2 fish of the day come in. 2 snapper 1 3.5kg and the other 3.25kg both with the biggest bumps ive ever seen, i mean they looked deformed.

from there went to garie as the wind was picking up and nailed about 10 flatties to 70cm and the ever present leather jackets. got to the stage that the baits were being taken before hittting the bottom in most cases. even tried leather jacket fillets with the skin on as bait but they went just as quick, and 50 lb braid is string when these guys chomp it.

anyway end of a good day a whale started to play close to us slamming his tail and flippers down awesome sight for about 10mins.

one last thing does anyone know where to get a good cheap "charter special" reel by shimano as the shimano overhead ive got is a 6:1 retrieve and is a pain to use deep sea

cheers steve

Try here

or here