North Esk And Meander.

wrasseman

Hi all.

I headed out for an early sesh this morning on the north esk. Pretty dirty but fishable, however nobody wanted to play and I was back at the car after 2hrs with only one small fish seen following. At this point I had less than 2hrs before I had to be home to prepare for my flight. I was keen to try elsewhere but not sure where, fearing that dirty water and inactive fish might be the days theme. I decided to head where I had success last week. With a 20min drive and a 25min walk each way it would only give me 30min fishing - a bit of a gamble but hopefully that would be enough.

I arrived at the meander to find water much dirtier than at the north esk and about 1.5ft more water in the river than last week. Nevertheless as I was there nothing ventured...

It was a hot and bothered fisher who arrived at my spot some 25min later (5mm neoprenes are not ideal for walking in on nice warm days) and I was unrealistically disappointed when I didn't hook up on first cast despite the conditions. Still it wasn't long before I saw a flash near my lure from my first missed hit and a few casts later I got my first solid strike, landing a nice little brownie of about 30cm. I still had 15min of fishing time left so I continued on and a few minutes later I had a solid bump that didn't connect. The old flick-pause did the trick though and he came back for seconds this time coming up solid. turned out to be a lovely 45cm brownie, no monster but certainly enough to make me happy.

Cheers

col.

post-1831-1159592790_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrasseman