Please Take Notice Of Weather Warnings

Guest Sea Tow Botany

Guest Sea Tow Botany

G'day Fishraiders

Sunday 8/10 Strong wind warning Sydney Closed Waters, Pittwater,Port Jackson and Botany Bay

For some reason not many people took any notice of the wind warning and paid for it!

I saw 6 boats on the shore line beached at Dolls Point getting smashed with 4 to 6ft breakers

I helped members in 36fts drifting with the anchor down, I pulled a boat off the beach around from Kyeemagh boat ramp just to list a few - the phone was running hot! Going in and out of Kyeemagh boat ramp I encountered 6 ft rolling swell

Please everybody before you go out check weather warnings, boating is fun but it's not worth losing your boat or your life over by making a bad decision

I don't mean to go on but we have had too many fatalities on Sydney waters this year and it's a damn shame

If you want to check the weather go to www.seatow.com.au click on boating saftey then click on weather then go to your area - its that easy

Saftey First

Dave

Sea Tow Botany Bay

I'm in the RFS and have access to pretty good weather forecasts, which have resulted in me not going out on 2 of the last 3 Sundays, when early in the morning the weather has been perfect. However, even the commercial news have got the weather right on those days. Dave is right don't take the chance.

i too have seen the result of boaters who do not heed the warnings. It is too easy to say "the BOM is never right". Invariably when they forecast Gales, they are right. Do you know that some insurance companies will not cover you if you go out when a Gale is forecast? (over 33knots).