Sydney Harbour 11th October

ko76

Hit the water at 5am and headed out to North Head past a pod of dolphins. Expecting nice condition as forecast by the Bureau we were met by a fair southerly swell chopping with a much stronger than forecast nth east wind. Typical Bureau!

Anyway, located the salmon school but it was much smaller than the previous week and they were even more skittish. This combined with the average conditions only resulted in 2 55cm salmon boated and 1 lost.

The school disappeared so started a troll on the inside of Nth Head for zip.

Went over to fairlight to get some yakkas but only managed 4 as we coudnt get the jigs or bait past those annoying sweep. Back out to North head to try my new home made down rigger. Trolled around for a while with no luck untill I hit a rock/reef with the downrigger bomb and lost the livey and my rig. By this stage the swell was picking up even more so headed over to Sow & Pigs where my mate picked up a nice 30 cm dioxin Trevally.

Finishing up there, we moved over to Clifton Gardens for ziltch and then got drenched heading back to Clontarf also for zip.

Not the best days fishing but it sure beats working!!

Sorry no picks cause they were only salmon and the camera stayed at home.