New Years Eve

Outnumbered

two years ago we took the kids out on mort bay to watch the fireworks and couldnt believe that there were only 4 boats in the bay (50,000 people crammed along the shore :074: )

we are thinking of doing it again this year and thought if any other raiders wanted to raft up we could get one hell of a party going. mort bay is very protected and the only downside is that you cant see the lower deck of the bridge.

Sounds like a good idea , where is the nearest ramp , what is the parking like? Would rather not have to navigate through a flotilla of dickheads to get to and from !! If I can get there and back reasonably easily , I would be interested in joining you !

Ross

i think it was fivedock bay i launched from, not a lot of parking an a plesant motor down to mort bay

i think it was fivedock bay i launched from, not a lot of parking an a plesant motor down to mort bay

There is a new ramp at Rozelle bay under construction. I think it is due to be finished early next month. It would not take long to get to Mort Bay from there.

ramp.jpg

Cheers.

Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to the new ramp yesterday to check out the progress.......

Well it turns out it is not a boat ramp at all.... It is a "Recreational craft launching site" :mad3:

This means you can carry your canoe down the steps to launch it. :1badmood:

Sorry for the bum steer. :(

Cheers.

Robbie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went down to the new ramp yesterday to check out the progress.......

Well it turns out it is not a boat ramp at all.... It is a "Recreational craft launching site" :mad3:

This means you can carry your canoe down the steps to launch it. :1badmood:

Sorry for the bum steer. :(

Cheers.

Robbie.

Thats so annoying, Would have been so convenient for me as you can see my street on that map

My kids want me to take the boat down, but it would have to be a full day.

Imagine what time you would have to launch the boat to be guaranteed somewhere to park the car & trailer.

That's unless you launched it a long way from the harbour and drove up.

You probably wouldn't be able to get the boat out until after 3.00am, so it would be a very long day.

Has anyone done this that could shed some light on the subject?

Are there any ramps where you could get parking at say 6.00pm that is easy to navigate to the harbour?

Cheers

Greg

Greg.

I have never done NYE on the harbour from a trailer boat (my other boat/passion is a moored yatch) So I cant offer opinion on ramps for NYE, I am guessing they would all be chockers.

If you are going to do it, the best way is to make a day of it and I am sure the family will love it and remember it for years.

I usually get to the boat around midday, fart about for a while and pick people up from the wharf at around 1500, we cruise for a while and enjoy the harbour but are usually on anchor by 1800, any time after that the harbour is an absolute washing machine and navagating through all of the other craft can be interesting :)

We anchor just east of Kirribilly house and stay there until almost every one is gone, usually around 0200 then head back to the wharf to drop people off or cruise a bit more depending on the mood.

I have always had a great night on NYE because we plan it well and don't get involved in the rush. If you do the same you should have a great night too..

Cheers.

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites