A New Poly

Weasel

I'm heading down the coast on the weekend to look at a polycraft 4.55 centre console. Depending on what sort of trade in i can get for my old girl will determine what extras i can afford. I am after some feed back on poly's in general, good or bad, and 4 stroke v 2 stroke. I have always liked the quietness of the 4/ and the no smoke, but there is a fair price difference. Any help will be great, thanks.

Weasel

Edited by Weasel

Good luck with th enew boat ,its always exciting when you get to this stage !!

As for the engines , the new generation of 2 strokes are a lot quieter and cleaner than they used to be , also , they have fewer moving parts ! I have to admit though , the new 4 strokes are soooo quiet !!

Ross

G,day Weasel.

I have owned a polycraft 4.55 front runner for eighteen months and appart from being a little wet in windy conditions I could not be happier with the boat, I have also had a lot of positive feed back from mates that swear br tin and glass as to how it handles and how quiet the ride is.

I run a 60hp Mariner two stroke 93 model and find this to be very good even to the point of engine noise.

What dealer are you going to, if its Anglers Marine and Dive at Unanderra tell Morris Andrini the owner I sent you this may or may not help in your bargaining power.

If you do buy a poly you will be happy with the performance of the vessel.