Maintainence Of Calcutta

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

I have a calcutta 700 that i had serviced almost a year ago now and have barely fished with since.

Inspired by some of the exploits of raiders i've decided to pull it out of retirement and give it a run.

My problem is I need to be able to take care of it a little better.. And i don't really want to completely strip it down every time it gets wet...and when it gets wet it gets crunchy..

I suppose it would be the same for all similar reels such as abu 7000s etc. and i'm wondering if any raiders have any tips on cleaning , maintaniing these reels , or is it a case of having to strip it each time it gets wet..

post-1693-1161048667_thumb.jpg

Guest danielinbyron

mine always gets wet and it works great, I have the non levelwind model maybe its your levelwind that's the problem with crap getting in the system

took it out today and caned it on tailor off rox, washed it in water it seems fine..the gritty sound comes from inside the case, but its gone for now..

whats the difference with the no level wind ... i mean if i removed the level wind off this and just laid the line on as i reeled in would they be the same reel.

Guest IFishSick.

When you wash it make sure to put the drag up to full so no water can get inside. The tight drag helps keep the water out while you wash it.

However when storing it put it into freespool.