Need A Little Help...

mrchrisnofish

There are some excellent articles on Fishraider including one on Pittwater well worth a read that will get you started and a feed of fish. Just click on Fishraider ( next to tides weather etc) go to the articles and your in business

Cheers

Martin

G`day Fellas ,

Chris , the best local knowledge is only obtainable by the following Method.

1. Walk into the bar of the Local PuB

2. Seek out a porky type character sitting in the corner of that Bar , wearing shorts , thongs , and a Blue work singlet .

3. Shout him a schooner of his prefered brand of ale ,and pull up a bar stool.

Say Cheers , and then ask him where there`e Biting , and how do ya fish for them.

5 schooners later, not only will you know where , When , & how to Catch your quarry , but you will know evey spot within a 20 kilm strip of coastline from the pub you are in , who all the local thieves are , where they live, where the breathalyser will be at a certain hour , and especially.....who`s sleeping with who .

Works for me every time.

Mick

As funny as Mick's quote is, he is dead right. When I first move to the Central Coast i had heaps of trouble catching blackfish. I had fished for them everywhere from Ulladulla to tweed heads thoughevery spot is different and the Tuggerah lakes luderick is an entity unto himself.

I found that by waliking along the wall where everyone was fishing shoulder to shoulder without my gear people were only too happy to tell me how deep they were fishing, what times were best and most importantly when it comes to blackfish, is what weed they were using and where they got it.

Within a couple of years I had all those old codgers in awe of me as I bagged out in front of them when sometimes they couldn't get a down.

Davo

Easiest way is to see the "S" in the corner if its in sim mode. On the real dead days I dont mind putting it on just to give the old man the sh*ts.

To see fish on the sounder and not catch them is somthing we all have learnt to put up with. If you could catch them just by seeing them there wouldn't be any fish left. With your sounder, play around with the sensitivity. when I first got mine I didn't see a fish on it for the first two trips till i realised I had it on the lowest possible sensitivity.

you will get there just hang in

Cheers

Davo

Hey stumpy not all the wives and girlfriends are like that :busted_cop: !!!!

My advice is to INCLUDE the wife, girlfriend etc...

You may just find she is an excellent fisho and great company for you.

I am sure all the female anglers on here will agree with me on this point too :biggrin2::biggrin2::thumbup:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Yes I do agree with you. And you can then get them to do all the shit jobs like the anchor, rigging up, checking baits, lighting ciggies - bloody hell the list goes on.

And then also you have someone to blame if the anchor doesn't hold, your not in the right spot, if the livies die etc etc. :tease::tease::tease:

Anyway - if you can't manage any fresh squid, when we went to Jew social on the way home spent $55 at the antique shop on Squid both the big and bottle and they seem to be good.

I think Jim has totalled about 7 jew this week - all only schoolies around the 3kg mark but atleast you know they touch it!

Tony, that sounds awesome and would love to take you up on that offer...

What days are you / your mate generally free.. I want to have one go on my own this sunday but in the following weeks I am dead keen to get as many pointers as I can - I am happy to pay some money.. or cold beverages... of the alcoholic kind.. :)

please email me with further details chriscombe at gmail dot com and we can line something up..

I am hoping to catch a couple kingies's this sunday near juno / lion island

Email edited for security , use normal email protocol

Edited by Flightmanager