Squid Jigs

big_steve

We have found the more expensive $10 - $18 ones better.

The prongs are much sharper.

In the bay have had luck with a smallish brown one. But this week land based the pinkish ones have been working. And I always put them to the light first so their eyes or other parts on the body glow.

When in the boat Jim and I always throw out different colours, and whoever gets one first, the other then changes to the same as I have found it has always changed from time to time depending on when fishing for them and the type of day.

We have found the more expensive $10 - $18 ones better.

The prongs are much sharper.

In the bay have had luck with a smallish brown one. But this week land based the pinkish ones have been working. And I always put them to the light first so their eyes or other parts on the body glow.

When in the boat Jim and I always throw out different colours, and whoever gets one first, the other then changes to the same as I have found it has always changed from time to time depending on when fishing for them and the type of day.

AHHH thats a great little tip there by putting them near lights so the lumo bits glow

:thumbup::thumbup:

just a quickie,

where bouts in the bay have u guys been successfull with squid???

thanks in advance

steve :1fishing1:

AHHH thats a great little tip there by putting them near lights so the lumo bits glow

:thumbup::thumbup:

just a quickie,

where bouts in the bay have u guys been successfull with squid???

thanks in advance

steve :1fishing1:

Steve there is no secret spots for squid look for clean water, kelp and rock, depth if I can see the bottom then its worth a go. No result after half an hour or so move on.

Steve there is no secret spots for squid look for clean water, kelp and rock, depth if I can see the bottom then its worth a go. No result after half an hour or so move on.

yeap i will be getting out there and seeing what i can get amongst :thumbup:

thanks every1 for all the tips and advice..

cheers steve